missing bcm

Any issues related to FORScan application
mikewilder
Vehicle: 07 freestyle

missing bcm

Post by mikewilder »

I do not see bcm and I also only get "as built" on the tcm module. These are the areas that I want to modify. I've tried deleting the vehicle profile and re-scanning. I am totally noob at this so I'm probably overlooking something obvious.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: missing bcm

Post by Ecmbuster »

bcm = Body Control Module
You should have a GEM = General Electrics Module
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
mikewilder

Post by mikewilder »

I don't understand what you are saying. I wanted to access the parameters under BCM, so I could do the 'bambi mode" and some others. Are you saying that those settings are under GEM?
mikewilder

Post by mikewilder »

I don't know if I'm understanding this right. My scan on my 07 freestyle doesn't show any BCM module or bodycm. Someone on another thread mentioned that some vehicles don't use a BCM but rather GEM. Is there a way to enable "bambi mode" under the GEM?
Calgarian
Vehicle: Ford Taurus X 3.5L 2008

Post by Calgarian »

Did you get the Bambi mode going, if you figured the codes please share!
mikewilder

Post by mikewilder »

I never got a straight answer
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

mikewilder wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:53 pm
I don't know if I'm understanding this right. My scan on my 07 freestyle doesn't show any BCM module or bodycm. Someone on another thread mentioned that some vehicles don't use a BCM but rather GEM. Is there a way to enable "bambi mode" under the GEM?
If you have a GEM (Generic Electronics Module) module in your module list, the Body Control functions and options could be contained in the ASbuilt address starting at number 720-01-01 under Configuration and Programming within the GEM menu! This is assuming your GEM is on an HSCAN network and not on an ISO or SCP/PWM or a UBP network.

You could have a VSM(vehicle security module) on a UBP network which you won't even see with Forscan on an ELM327 based adapter! That is only readable in Forscan with a Ford VCM2.

In 2007 CAN networks were still in the process of being phased in and ISO and SCP/PWM and UBP networks were being phased out and you may not have a 720 address and it may be on the ISO or UBP protocol network with an address labelled C1 for the VSM or vehicle security module.

You could have HSCAN, UBP and ISO like my 2005 F150. Look for a pin 3 with no pin 11 in the DLC connector for UBP. Pin 7 will be occupied for ISO9141/Kline and SCP\PWM will occupiy Pins 2 and 10. A 2007 Model Year is not likely to have SCP\PWM as HSCAN replaced it. If you have HSCAN Pins 6 an 14 will be occupied.

See this topic for a diagram of the DLC connector viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4#p4

There is not a lot out there about these early protocol networks and they were very limited in what options could be changed!

Look in your Modules List and it should show what your Freestyle has for network protocols and what modules are on which networks! If you have a module for exterior lighting or head lights, some models do, there may be something in there. Not even sure there was a "Bambi" mode available in those model years?