Ford Transit - Adding Cruise Control

Any issues related to FORScan application
llblanc
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Transit

Ford Transit - Adding Cruise Control

Post by llblanc » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:30 pm

As title says, I'm attempting to add a steering wheel with cruise control to a full size Transit, but am having trouble with the FORScan side of things.

I've seen posts for people successfully adding a steering wheel with cruise control to Transit Connects, but nothing for a full size Transit. I have a 2016 Transit 150 originally without cruise control, but I bought and installed a steering wheel with cruise and enabled the following in FORScan:

Cruise Control - Enabled
Trip Computer - Trip Computer, extended with MPH
Audio Buttons on steering wheel - Audio buttons in steering wheel
Cluster Level - High level (TFT)

None of these changes had any affect on my cluster display, volume buttons on the steering wheel, or cruise control. The backlights for the wheel controls do come on, so I am imagining that the wiring is there. I compared the BCM and ACM files before and after the above changes, and see no difference. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is something that can't be accomplished on the full size Transits. I've read that depending on the trim level of the vehicle, changing the plain English settings in FORScan may have no affect on the As-Built records, but I have no road map through the as-builts so don't really know where to start. Any help with this would be appreciated.

steste9876
Vehicle: Transit custom 2015 2.2

Re: Ford Transit - Adding Cruise Control

Post by steste9876 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Did you resolve this? I'm having the same issue.....

Paulscarbs
Vehicle: Transit 2.4 RWD

Post by Paulscarbs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:40 pm

I’m wondering whether Forscan can actually activate a Transit’s cruise control - assuming the wiring loom is the high spec one?

Would be delighted to hear from others in the same boat - or those who have achieved what this thread is about!

Paulscarbs
Vehicle: Transit 2.4 RWD

Post by Paulscarbs » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:23 am

Well, I can confirm, ForScan CAN indeed activate cruise control.

Did my Transit last weekend. Squib connections were already present, so I simply plugged the replacement steering wheel into it then opened ForScan. You need to have the extended version though.

One issue I did find was the cruise strangely doesn’t work in 5th gear! Now, I’ve had a replacement rear axel and didn’t alter the ratio within ForScan. Hoping that once this is done it will work. I shall report back.