2012 Explorer Remote Start

Any issues related to FORScan application
jason6126
Vehicle: Ford Explorer XLT, 3.5l 2012

2012 Explorer Remote Start

Post by jason6126 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:08 am

So, I have been reading this board for a while, and I dont need any help right now with my personal Explorer, but I did want to say thank you and I appreciate Everything I have learned so Far and have been able to accomplish with my explorer........just by reading, I have managed quite a bit.

So........Thought for the day:

I buy new used truck......very nice if you ask me

No Navigation system, just basic radio, no remote start.....plain jane nice truck

talk to Ford dealership.......

Navigation system REQUIRES NEW APIM $1100.00 and labor is minimum of 6 hours due to having to completely disassemble dashboard @123.00 an hour plus mapping software $95.00 from Fords website.....

no Navigation for Jason...... :(

HOWEVER, I dont like to take no for an Answer....

Research, research, research......

20.00 OBDII reader, and free software, and 50.00 maps SD card, and about two hours of my time.....

Jason has GPS Navigation at the touch of a button......

with new programming, I now also have satellite radio connected and working as prescribed.......

so back to FORD dealership for REMOTE START......

GRRRRR.......already

REQUIRES NEW Computer 480.00
2 hours of labor @ 120.00 an hour
2 NEW transponder keys (since I only got one with truck) @ 185.00 PER KEY, plus 35.00 each to cut, and 85.00 a piece to program.........

GRRRRR...........RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH......

50.00 for 2 new transponder keys, and 15.00 to have them cut....
10 minutes of my time with previously mentioned software and keys are programmed and working...

10 more minutes of my time and a couple of changes to the engines computer......

and we have REMOTE START.........YAY ME!!!!!!!

So.........doing my own SAVED ME $2100.00 for navigation and SAT radio and almost 1200.00 for REMOTE START......

A big SCREW YOU FORD MOTOR COMPANY.......!!!!!!!!

Oh and a BIG THANK YOU to Everyone here.....who has put their 2 cents in to the Forums.....So I could read and get things done..........
Remember.....Your Abilities AND Disabilities can become Possibilities.....