"Lifetime Licence" on multiple PCs

Any issues related to FORScan application
fordxfactor
Vehicle: Explorer Sport Trac 4.0 sohc 210hp 20041K7K

Re: "Lifetime Licence" on multiple PCs

Post by fordxfactor » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:33 pm

xrobau wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 pm
I've used FORScan a couple of times (and I have purchased the Android app), and I'm extremely happy with it - happy enough that I'm quite willing to pay for the Lifetime Licence.

However, I'm worried that it's tied to one PC. If I'm going to pay for a lifetime licence, I'm sure I'm going to change laptops more than a few times over my lifetime! Can you guys put something in writing about moving the licence to a different PC, and how often it can be done?
I had posted a question to an Administrator because I was concerned about running FORScan on two separate laptops - 1 small one (tecnically a Net Book running Windows 7), that I can keep tucked away in my Sport Trac, and the other being my laptop that I originally installed the program onto, with the paid PATS programming. I didn't want to clutter the forum with multiple accounts (1 account per license, I'm assuming). plus it's time for me to re-register. So the OP's post is relevant to me, but the response he received is typical of a 14 year old who plays "Call of Duty" all day and tells everyone that he just had sex with their mother, like a record on repeat.

Some questions DO come down to a matter of money because not everyone can afford to replace their computer every 2 years to stay halfway relevant. I'll put it another way: If you spend a good amount of hard earned cash (not credit) on a really good computer because you do other things with it besides use FORScan, and are a power user, then your computer is your lifeblood. Hard drives fail. Tech support is outsourced and is generally terrible. If you have an extended warranty, you might have to send you computer in for diagnosing and repair or replacing. Now you have downtime and no access to your FORScan program, except for your old laptop that you set aside "just in case" something happened. You need access to your paid subscription, more specifically, your paid access to PATS. While I'm not technically answering the OP's question, I'm also not being a troll like someone from Masshole Mustangs, lol. I basically have the same questions, and I don't know yet if separate licenses means separate accounts. Separate accounts leads to more confusion in a discussion if you're logged in on one account, then later go out in the garage and post from the computer your vehicle is hooked up to. I know "search" is our friend, but sometimes it just doesn't give enough of the answer you're seeking, or you just need that extra clarification before you just go and copy keys to multiple computers, so it's better to ask and hopefully get the full answer. Sorry for the long post, and as a preemptive strike against trolls... YOUR MOM!!! LOL

ThatOneDude
Vehicle: 2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V 4WD

Re: "Lifetime Licence" on multiple PCs

Post by ThatOneDude » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:53 pm

fordxfactor wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:33 pm
I had posted a question to an Administrator because I was concerned about running FORScan on two separate laptops - 1 small one (tecnically a Net Book running Windows 7), that I can keep tucked away in my Sport Trac, and the other being my laptop that I originally installed the program onto, with the paid PATS programming. I didn't want to clutter the forum with multiple accounts (1 account per license, I'm assuming). plus it's time for me to re-register. So the OP's post is relevant to me, but the response he received is typical of a 14 year old who plays "Call of Duty" all day and tells everyone that he just had sex with their mother, like a record on repeat.

Some questions DO come down to a matter of money because not everyone can afford to replace their computer every 2 years to stay halfway relevant. I'll put it another way: If you spend a good amount of hard earned cash (not credit) on a really good computer because you do other things with it besides use FORScan, and are a power user, then your computer is your lifeblood. Hard drives fail. Tech support is outsourced and is generally terrible. If you have an extended warranty, you might have to send you computer in for diagnosing and repair or replacing. Now you have downtime and no access to your FORScan program, except for your old laptop that you set aside "just in case" something happened. You need access to your paid subscription, more specifically, your paid access to PATS. While I'm not technically answering the OP's question, I'm also not being a troll like someone from Masshole Mustangs, lol. I basically have the same questions, and I don't know yet if separate licenses means separate accounts. Separate accounts leads to more confusion in a discussion if you're logged in on one account, then later go out in the garage and post from the computer your vehicle is hooked up to. I know "search" is our friend, but sometimes it just doesn't give enough of the answer you're seeking, or you just need that extra clarification before you just go and copy keys to multiple computers, so it's better to ask and hopefully get the full answer. Sorry for the long post, and as a preemptive strike against trolls... YOUR MOM!!! LOL
From what I've read up on the licenses, the only stipulation is one computer at a time per license. You can transfer it to another computer by activating the license using the same activation key you were initially sent. As far as licenses per account, I'm not sure how that works. If FORScan could clarify that, it would help out.
1996 Lincoln Town Car (For Sale)
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (For Sale)
2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab 5.4L 3V 4WD
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (For Sale)
2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V 4WD