Seatbelt Chime on a '03 F250

Any issues related to FORScan application
trullrich
Vehicle: F250 SD, 7.3L Diesel, stock, 2003

Seatbelt Chime on a '03 F250

Post by trullrich »

Hi,

I have tried to disable the seatbelt notification on my 03 F250. The Forscan says it completed successfully, but when I restart the truck, I get the constant notification. Please help. When I purchased the truck in Dec of 2002, my friend was a Ford mechanic and has since retired. He got in the config. with his Ford program and changed it to just chime when I start the truck and that's all I heard. After that, until I restarted the truck, there was no chime. Earlier, this year, I had to get my instrument cluster replace because the processor failed. It came back to me with factory programming. If someone can please give me some suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thank You!!!
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: Seatbelt Chime on a '03 F250

Post by tractmec »

trullrich wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:02 pm
Hi,

I have tried to disable the seatbelt notification on my 03 F250. The Forscan says it completed successfully, but when I restart the truck, I get the constant notification. Please help. When I purchased the truck in Dec of 2002, my friend was a Ford mechanic and has since retired. He got in the config. with his Ford program and changed it to just chime when I start the truck and that's all I heard. After that, until I restarted the truck, there was no chime. Earlier, this year, I had to get my instrument cluster replace because the processor failed. It came back to me with factory programming. If someone can please give me some suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thank You!!!
We would assume you have access to a licensed Forscan and a suitable adapter as you will need them to do this? Save the original configuration to a file first just in case!

Look in configuration and programming under the "Chip Icon" in the IPC configuration ("Non AsBuilt") for a Seat Belt minder setting that should be for a Driver and/or Passenger "Enabled or Disabled with a drop down button. (This has worked on my 2005 F150)

If you find nothing in the Non AsBuilt list for belt minder then open IPC configuration(AsBuilt Format) and look for an address that reads "720-01-01 xxxx xxXx xx--"(My 2005 F150 is configured like this)

If you have that address then the Large X position is the Belt minder setting. Setting that digit to 4 enables both Passenger and Driver, setting to 2 enables Passenger only and setting to 0 disables both. Click write and then save and then the stop button! (This works in the 2005 F150)(In the 2010 Fusion those numbers are 6, 4, and 2)

If you have 60- address (like my 03 Expedition) then I have not found a belt minder setting in these old IPC's

Hope that helps?
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
trullrich

Post by trullrich »

Thank you, I'll give that a try. The passenger doesn't have a belt minder chime/Light. Hope this works. Thank You!!!
trullrich

Post by trullrich »

No I found the disable feature, but it keeps going back to enable after I cycle the key. I followed the instructions, changed it to disable, clicked write, cycled the key, hit the stop button at the bottom, backed out. When I went back in, it was enabled. I tried to go to the as built menu and I am not sure what to do. I'll include a screenshot.
Screenshot 2021-08-09 135846.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-09 135846.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 106 times
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

trullrich wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:12 pm
No I found the disable feature, but it keeps going back to enable after I cycle the key. I followed the instructions, changed it to disable, clicked write, cycled the key, hit the stop button at the bottom, backed out. When I went back in, it was enabled. I tried to go to the as built menu and I am not sure what to do. I'll include a screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 135846.jpg
Clicking "Edit selected" and changing the value the shows in the Configuration dialogue (nonAsBuilt) only edits the configuration line. The change must be written and a confirmation box will open to confirm when the "Write" Button is clicked to change from the "old value" to the "new value"!

When you click write you should be getting a dialogue box like this
Click the Check mark to complete the change!
Click the Check mark to complete the change!
IPC60-01 Write changes dialo.PNG (59.62 KiB) Viewed 87 times
This is from my 03 Expedition showing a a change to enabled and to complete the change you have to click the check mark! I changed this back and forth a few times to check what happens in AsBuilt configuration! And I will show the difference below:

In my Expy the First digit in the middle four is what changes the Belt minder from a 1 for disabled to a 9 for enabled(Factory AsBuilt Default) and there is no provision for disabling passenger or driver separate.

Yours has probably different digits to set this(try setting that from 0 to 1 "after you backup" and see what happens) but that first digit of the middle four is always used for that particular function but if you are actually writing the change in the Non AsBuilt configuration and getting a confirmation that the change completed,(The NonAsBuilt config is actually writing the AsBuilt in a automated process) the AsBuilt will take care of itself!

If you decide to do this change within AsBUilt at that first digit you will have to click past some warning messages and will likely get an error message indicating "Wrong Check sum"and that is the second pair of digits in the last four(FF10 in your case, FF8E or FF0E in my cases) In most cases the error can be ignored as the check sum is calculated by FORScan upon writing the change!

If the configuration is wrong it likely will not take at all or it will produce a DTC in the IPC that will not clear so back up the IPC configuration(Save All button) before doing anything and/or take a screen shot of the configuration page with the Windows snipping tool!

I hope this helps?
Attachments
1E00 Check sum FF0E
1E00 Check sum FF0E
IPC60-01Beltminder Disabled.PNG (48.02 KiB) Viewed 87 times
9E00 Check sum FF8E
9E00 Check sum FF8E
IPC60-01 Beltminder enabled.PNG (48.74 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!