Cannot create a new profile

Any issues related to FORScan application
KyleAschaber
Vehicle: 2020 f350 6.7L powerstroke

Cannot create a new profile

Post by KyleAschaber »

I have a working profile for my 2020 f350 but cannot create a new one. I have absolutely no idea what button or where to find a button that allows me to create a new profile. The internet has offered me no help here.
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Re: Cannot create a new profile

Post by f-wolf »

KyleAschaber wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:59 am
I have a working profile for my 2020 f350 but cannot create a new one. I have absolutely no idea what button or where to find a button that allows me to create a new profile. The internet has offered me no help here.
Delete the old one ...Restart Forscan !!

Save the new one on start-up / connection

:?: :?:
Attachments
Pro File.jpg
Pro File.jpg (14.91 KiB) Viewed 175 times
KyleAschaber

Post by KyleAschaber »

Then how would I use it on multiple vehicles?
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

When another vehicle is connected, a new profile is posted onto the screen.
Save that profile. The more vehicles connected, the more profiles are created.
If two vehicles are tested and are identical, the same profile is used.
When scanning that vehicle, it's individual VIN and data is collected.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
KyleAschaber

Post by KyleAschaber »

I tried connecting a second vehicle and my only option was to use the old profile. I saw nothing saying a new profile would be created
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

Thinking outside the "box", are the two vehicles the same model perhaps?
It may be a good idea to post the Year, Make and Model of the two vehicles.
It's a little difficult to see what you see.

One other mention, the VIN in your profile .... Change it to Year, Model and Engine Size.
This will help identify the vehicle if other questions arise when requesting help or information.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
KyleAschaber

Post by KyleAschaber »

The first truck is a 2020 f350 powerstroke, the second truck is a 2019 f350 powerstroke. I'd send a screenshot but I'm not on my pc at the moment. It's hard to describe something that isn't there in the first place. When I boot into forscan in the second truck, it asks if I would like to load the profile I created for my first truck, which I don't want to do. When I select "no" it closes the window but I cannot do anything to the truck.
davetcollection
Vehicle: Focus '17 ST-Line 1.0 Auto, Focus 4 1.5D Titanium

Post by davetcollection »

I'd have to agree with ECMBUSTER.
As the two vehicles are identical you can work off both from the same profile.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

KyleAschaber wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:33 am
The first truck is a 2020 f350 powerstroke, the second truck is a 2019 f350 powerstroke. I'd send a screenshot but I'm not on my pc at the moment. It's hard to describe something that isn't there in the first place. When I boot into forscan in the second truck, it asks if I would like to load the profile I created for my first truck, which I don't want to do. When I select "no" it closes the window but I cannot do anything to the truck.
Hold on, something bothers me here: Are you saying that when you click no to using the offered Profile when connecting to the 2019, FORScan just stops and does not actually establish a connection and connect and identify the the 2019 VIN, populate the configuration list and identify and then list all the modules?

If so that is not normal behaviour and it sounds like the 2019 is not actually being connected to if Forscan just stops without even an error message such as "cannot Identify vehicle" and is not connecting to the 2019 if you are getting that message! If the 2019 was being connected to successfully and you answered yes to the "save this vehicle to a profile message" after all the configuration log stops populating, you should have two different profiles in your Profile folder with different VIN numbers reflecting the two different vehicles

Check the DLC socket number 16 for Battery voltage+(12V+) as a first check on the 2019 F350! It is fuse 41, Central Junction Box(RH Kick Panel) in the 03 Expedition and 05 F150 and also fuses some Power Points and the Cigar Lighters. Not sure if it is the same in the F350's. If any thing over loaded or shorted to ground in the power points or cigar lighters at some time in the past, that fuse will be blown!

Secondly Click on the profile icon and select and delete(Garbage can button in the profile screen)all profiles in the folder and go and connect to the 2019 and see if It actually connects.

Report Back!
Attachments
Ford_DLCConn.png
Ford_DLCConn.png (31.9 KiB) Viewed 82 times
KyleAschaber

Post by KyleAschaber »

When I click no on the offered profile it disconnects and does not establish a link to the vehicle. I'm weary to use the same profile for multiple vehicles especially when they aren't the same year. Im sure there are lots of similarities but that's not something I'm comfortable doing.

I don't have access to the second vehicle right now but I will look at the fuse when I can.