help reprogram pcm

Any issues related to FORScan application
anyabbiat
Vehicle: ranger xl 2.5 2017

help reprogram pcm

Post by anyabbiat » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:53 pm

Dear:
I need to program / calibrate a pcm and I see that now the option is not there, there are all the modules but not pcm, someone knows how I can do this to perform this operation

fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Re: help reprogram pcm

Post by fordsmax471 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:38 pm

now you need to use an backup of the car profile
FORScan2.4.3/Els27v4/UCDSv4/Elitebook840G6/Win10pro

anyabbiat

Post by anyabbiat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 pm

I comment my problem to see if you can help me

use forscan to enable auxiliary headlights and cruise control on my 2017 ford ranger xl argentina. everything worked fine
then out of curiosity, I entered the board maintenance option and inadvertently I made a mistake by misplacing a number and it remained lower than the one shown, the board blinked and a legend appeared that said something like "the procedure cannot be performed"
After this problem, the engine check starts to turn on, I see that there are errors, I want to delete them and I can't, I download the programming files from the pcm, I install them with forscan and the error is deleted but after 1 minute it reappeared .

I go back to the maintenance of the board and I see that it says that if I enter a value lower than the one that appears, you have to change the board

Not only does the engine check come on, but also the air conditioning works 30 seconds and then it does not work anymore

I have been with this problem 3 months ago

I get a second-hand board, with a program that a friend has I make a clone, I place it but the error is not erased, I want to program the pcm again but now the forscan doesn't give me that option
The backup I have I don't know if it doesn't have the error

I need help with this problem since I can't find someone to solve it

I use google translator, I don't know English

Cheers
Attachments
foto forscan.jpg
foto forscan.jpg (425.92 KiB) Viewed 379 times

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:43 am

This car is central configuration (CC) based (2011MY). You need to upload your factory CC ABD using BdyCM Central Configuration (Main) function and see if it fixes the problem.

Also you need to install the latest (2.3.37) FORScan version. You use 2.3.35 that is outdated already.

anyabbiat

Post by anyabbiat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Hello my friend! What you recommend I already do but it is not solved, I found a post from you that says that sometimes you have to configure the pcm or that I understand, I copy what I found

“Update of 2016-12-28: many modules (usually crucial ones like ABS, RCM, SASM, EPB, but sometimes also PCM and others) require special calibration/init procedure after some Central Configuration option related to these modules was changed. If a module requires the calibration/init procedure, the DTC U2100 "Initial configuration not complete" should be thrown. These calibration functions are added to Configuration and Programming section with name "Module reset/configuration". If U2100 is displayed and there is no init function in FORScan, please contact support.”

Regardless of this that I found, I do not know if you could interpret what happened to me, the problem began when, by curiosity, I entered the dashboard maintenance and put a lower number than the one that appeared in the mileage, then when I retry I saw a legend that said yes I put a lower mileage than the one that was listed, the dashboard could be damaged, from that moment the problems began when the engine check light and air conditioning work only 30 seconds, the dashboard works perfect but I thought that there could be a data bus , I got one second hand but it does the same

With the old version of forscan (approximately 3 months ago) I could reset the pcm and the error was erased for 60 seconds, with this version I can't make the error clear, so I don't know if when placing the second-hand board the error does not go away because I can not reset the pcm or the problem is another

coordinate greetings

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 am

It is not very clear what you exactly changhed in your car that leads to this problem. You wrote "entered the board maintenance option", but what is it ?