Hello I am new, 2 things of interest - adding front view camera f150, and any 2014 mustang.

Any issues related to FORScan application
mnewbill
Vehicle: f150 5.0 2019

Hello I am new, 2 things of interest - adding front view camera f150, and any 2014 mustang.

Post by mnewbill » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:34 am

Hello, I am new. I am an electrical engineer so I understand marginally what is going on. However i will say i have never tried any of this on a vehicle before.

That being said, i have researched on here and found the f150 spreadsheet. I have made a list of what i want to try on my new f150, such as the fog light mod, and the deactivate the battery maint.

that being said, i can not find much on adding the front camera and a way to see that when parking. i need to know what cameras to aquire and any other items to enable that feature. i have the rear camera only on the 2019 f150 xlt. i dont care about the parking assist so much, but it would be nece to see under the front of the truck. anyone done that?

my second question, is there seems to be a void on 2014 mustang gt premium information. is that because this does not work on those cars, or just no interest. do the f150 addresses and codes work on the mustang too? I would like to make the fog light mod on it as well.

Oh and one more question, when you make a good change, is it normal to get the checksum error? in the videos i have watched everyone seems to be getting the "error" does that just mean the data i entered is diferent than what was present? or are those guys doing it wrong?

thanks and appreciate the assistance. mark.

traveldawg
Vehicle: Ford, 6.7L/450hp/935

Re: Hello I am new, 2 things of interest - adding front view camera f150, and any 2014 mustang.

Post by traveldawg » Sun May 19, 2019 5:07 pm

bumping to top as I too would like the front camera to come on (2018 F-350) when under 2 or 3 mph as when parking. Seems silly to have to press a button to do that.

NjScoot
Vehicle: Ford F150, 3.5L ecoboost turbo

Re: Hello I am new, 2 things of interest - adding front view camera f150, and any 2014 mustang.

Post by NjScoot » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm

traveldawg wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:07 pm
bumping to top as I too would like the front camera to come on (2018 F-350) when under 2 or 3 mph as when parking. Seems silly to have to press a button to do that.
My thoughts exactly.. I have to parallel street park every day and always have to hit the front camera when pulling out. I think the front camera should be automatic-on in D under a certain speed. This has countless saftey uses!!