boxsport
Vehicle: Mazda 3, 2.5L Manual Transmission, 2015

Re: Support of J2534 (Pass-Thru) adapters in FORScan v2.2.*

Post by boxsport » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:06 am

d00m3dd00d wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:02 am
copano wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:32 am
This was asked in this thread before but no one replied to him, so I'll also ask if anyone has tested the VCI-Mini J2534 for Toyota
with Forscan.
Dirt cheap on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-VCI-Inter ... 1438.l2649
I tried mine with my 2000 Ford Explorer and so far no dice -- it WAS, however, able to read very little of what my ODBLink MX was able to read. It was absolutely frigid outside and I was late to work, so I didn't get to play with it for longer than 3 minutes. I ran with auto settings inside of Forscan and using the xHorse drivers intended for Toyota. When I remembered the drivers/firmware package when I plugged in the cable, I already had some doubts. I originally bought this for my Corolla but noticed the protocol labeled on the cable matched what was in Forscan's settings and figured I'd give it a whirl. It works beautifully with my 05 Corolla, so it is a decent cable for that car at least.

Is anyone aware of alternate 'xHorse' drivers intended for Ford, bauds to try, or even rewiring that may work? I found a bit of additional info here, link to the archived e-bay ad:
Cost-effective, the price of product is only one-third of similar foreign products.
High performance with ARM cpu inside.
High reliability of products using SMD chip, and certified by CE and FCC.
Support all the diagnostic communication protocols needed for Toyota (since 1996).
Upgrade the firmware via the Internet to improve product.
not only provides commonly used J1962 connector, but also provides the old 22pin connector for Toyota.
Using online feedback function for technical support.

Supported Protocols
K-Line ISO 9141
KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4
SAE J1850 PWM
SAE J1850 VPW
CAN 2.0B ISO 11898
CAN ISO 15765-4
That leaves me with some ideas:

-If pin 22 is used for anything on a Ford, it might not function correctly with this Toyota pin for any number of reasons. Could be as simple as a resistor or maybe something not as easy to solve. I'm still scraping what little I find together.

-Firmware on the Mini VCI is the issue, but is it the answer? The firmware is actually flashing an ARM board from what I saw from the ad. Most likely, likely unencrypted and easy to dissect, probably over UART and could be sniffed.
http://blog.xhorsevvdi.com/what-is-diff ... ci-toyota/

1.4.1 firmware was the last supported for the clones without the security chip. Flashing up will probably 'brick' the device as it will attempt to install software that isn't found on the clones (everything found on ebay pretty much unless they've updated the clones). I recall seeing this when I set it up about 2 years ago in the engrish instructions. Firmware is 2.0.1 as of now, and as stated in the link 1.4.1 FW supports only CAN and K line cars. I'll scratch my chin further on this, I'm hoping there are good uses for this device or at least gateways for a better understanding what's under the hood.

edit: more good info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7tBXDkexY
Hello there....
im new here and in also new with this Forscan and ecu mods...
i have a mini vci and the full licence of forscan.
is there any way i can get this cable to work with forscan?
i need to program sone keys on a 2007 ford fusion and i dont know if my obdlink sx cable will do this...
im also trying to connecto to my 2013 explorer but when its reading the modules forscan flips out and it closes...
is there anything i can do for this?
thanks

f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:03 pm

Re obdlink sx

https://www.obdlink.com/sxusb/

OBD LINK.jpg
OBD LINK.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

It can only read HS

To see all all the stuff / modules on your Ford ... It also needs to have MS

Just get one of these ( With the switch ):
ELM HS-MS.jpg
ELM HS-MS.jpg (39.42 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
Attachments
elm327-ford-mscan-obd-scanner-1-600x600.jpg
elm327-ford-mscan-obd-scanner-1-600x600.jpg (30.48 KiB) Viewed 1354 times

tpw_rules
Vehicle: 2011 Mazda Miata 2.0L Sport

Post by tpw_rules » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:48 am

I just tried FORScan v2.3.27 with my clone GM MDI 1 J2534 adapter and it worked great.

boxsport

Post by boxsport » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:08 pm

d00m3dd00d wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:02 am
copano wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:32 am
This was asked in this thread before but no one replied to him, so I'll also ask if anyone has tested the VCI-Mini J2534 for Toyota
with Forscan.
Dirt cheap on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-VCI-Inter ... 1438.l2649
I tried mine with my 2000 Ford Explorer and so far no dice -- it WAS, however, able to read very little of what my ODBLink MX was able to read. It was absolutely frigid outside and I was late to work, so I didn't get to play with it for longer than 3 minutes. I ran with auto settings inside of Forscan and using the xHorse drivers intended for Toyota. When I remembered the drivers/firmware package when I plugged in the cable, I already had some doubts. I originally bought this for my Corolla but noticed the protocol labeled on the cable matched what was in Forscan's settings and figured I'd give it a whirl. It works beautifully with my 05 Corolla, so it is a decent cable for that car at least.

Is anyone aware of alternate 'xHorse' drivers intended for Ford, bauds to try, or even rewiring that may work? I found a bit of additional info here, link to the archived e-bay ad:
Cost-effective, the price of product is only one-third of similar foreign products.
High performance with ARM cpu inside.
High reliability of products using SMD chip, and certified by CE and FCC.
Support all the diagnostic communication protocols needed for Toyota (since 1996).
Upgrade the firmware via the Internet to improve product.
not only provides commonly used J1962 connector, but also provides the old 22pin connector for Toyota.
Using online feedback function for technical support.

Supported Protocols
K-Line ISO 9141
KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4
SAE J1850 PWM
SAE J1850 VPW
CAN 2.0B ISO 11898
CAN ISO 15765-4
That leaves me with some ideas:

-If pin 22 is used for anything on a Ford, it might not function correctly with this Toyota pin for any number of reasons. Could be as simple as a resistor or maybe something not as easy to solve. I'm still scraping what little I find together.

-Firmware on the Mini VCI is the issue, but is it the answer? The firmware is actually flashing an ARM board from what I saw from the ad. Most likely, likely unencrypted and easy to dissect, probably over UART and could be sniffed.
http://blog.xhorsevvdi.com/what-is-diff ... ci-toyota/

1.4.1 firmware was the last supported for the clones without the security chip. Flashing up will probably 'brick' the device as it will attempt to install software that isn't found on the clones (everything found on ebay pretty much unless they've updated the clones). I recall seeing this when I set it up about 2 years ago in the engrish instructions. Firmware is 2.0.1 as of now, and as stated in the link 1.4.1 FW supports only CAN and K line cars. I'll scratch my chin further on this, I'm hoping there are good uses for this device or at least gateways for a better understanding what's under the hood.

edit: more good info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7tBXDkexY
Hello there...
I would like to know if you were able to have this Mini VCI tool, working with ForScan...
I got one of these tools, and i read that they work with other softwares (like for BMW)...
Mine is able to detect the tool, but when i try to connect to the car, it doesnt detect the car, but if i "load" some memory profiles, it reads the modules but at some point ForScan just "ShutsDown" (windows aplication error).
I would like to try to have this working with forscan...
Can we get support from ForScan to have this tool working?

Thanks

boxsport

Post by boxsport » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:11 pm

f-wolf wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:03 pm
Re obdlink sx

https://www.obdlink.com/sxusb/

OBD LINK.jpg

It can only read HS

To see all all the stuff / modules on your Ford ... It also needs to have MS

Just get one of these ( With the switch ): ELM HS-MS.jpg
hello there.
i´m not sure if your answer was for me, but i really appreciate...
Thanks.
Yes, y had one similar cable with the MS-HS switch, but dont know where it is... ( i just ordered a new one, waiting for it to arrive).
With these MS-HS cables, are we able to program keys?

Thanks

f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:15 pm

Re, With these MS-HS cables, are we able to program keys?

YES

boxsport

Post by boxsport » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:18 pm

f-wolf wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:15 pm
Re, With these MS-HS cables, are we able to program keys?

YES
Great, thanks....

devele
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI

Post by devele » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 am

I have JDiag J2534-II device and I have loaded FORScan 2.3.13 beta with extended license, the device reads all modules and DTC fine, but I cannot code injectors and module programming option is not available. What could be done to enable in configuration and programming section? or I may degrade my FORScan to version 2.2? any suggestion in this regard would be highly appreciable...

tomifocus
Vehicle: MY2018 Ford Focus Mk4 1.5 Ecoboost

Post by tomifocus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:01 pm

Have you tried Volvo DICE passthru interface for Forscan?