Red X over VCM, Forscan hangs

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
Juice
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang, Coyote, MagnumXL 6spd, 404RWHP/393TQ

Red X over VCM, Forscan hangs

Post by Juice » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Made some progress with my VCM II (clone) and Forscan, but still can't connect. When I try to connect to the car, Forscan Device Manager window pops up showing a pic of the VCM II with a big red X on it. Bottom right I have two buttons, Ok & Cancel. "Ok" is greyed out. I've tried to change connection settings in Forscan, no luck.

Any ideas?

VCM II works fine with IDS v103.3.

Juice
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang, Coyote, MagnumXL 6spd, 404RWHP/393TQ

Re: Red X over VCM, Forscan hangs

Post by Juice » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Never mind, it was a windows/driver issue. Got it working. :mrgreen:

thatguyMerica
Vehicle: Mustang GT gt, 5.0L V8 2014

Post by thatguyMerica » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Sorry it’s a late post. I’m trying to use my VCMII and am having the same issue. What driver(s) did it need?

tractmec
Vehicle: Ford F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expedition 5.4 2003

Post by tractmec » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:48 am

Hello thatguy

Check in your program files for the VCI manager in the Bosch program folder and double click it to open it.

A manager should load with an icon of your VCM with its Serial Number underneath and two buttons at the bottom marked connect and disconnect and if the VCM is detected the connect button should be live and the disconnect button should be grayed out.

If the Bosch folder is not there then go to this link (https://www.boschdiagnostics.com/pro/so ... ord-vcm-ii) and download and execute the software in the download to install the VCI manager.

Forscan looks for this manager when it is set for VCMii adapters and some times you may have to open this manager, connect and then disconnect, close the manager and then start Forscan and see if it will connect.

Also some Chinese Clones are actually VCX NANO type adapters in VCMii clothing and will require additional drivers from VCX. These drivers trick the VCI manager into thinking it is connecting to a VCMii.