bbfly-BF32302 only shows 6 modules... normal?

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
photonerd15
Vehicle: Ford F-150

bbfly-BF32302 only shows 6 modules... normal?

Post by photonerd15 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:09 pm

I purchased the BBFly-BF32302 to program a 2016 F-150 3.5L EB Lariat and for some reason I am only able to modify 6 modules...

I know that there are plenty more modules that I should be able to change. Is the Adapter to blame since it's cheap? Should it be reading more modules?

Thanks in advance.

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Re: bbfly-BF32302 only shows 6 modules... normal?

Post by Vladsky » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm

photonerd15 wrote:I purchased the BBFly-BF32302 to program a 2016 F-150 3.5L EB Lariat and for some reason I am only able to modify 6 modules...

I know that there are plenty more modules that I should be able to change. Is the Adapter to blame since it's cheap? Should it be reading more modules?

Thanks in advance.
Howdy;

Did you:

- read all the tutorials?
- install the correct Driver fer this specific adapter?
- configure the connection within Forscan correctly?

All the above info is available on this site .

Lastly - a bad adapter is also a possibility. Cheap is cheap :lol:

Salut
Vlad

photonerd15
Vehicle: Ford F-150

Post by photonerd15 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm

I have read tutorials provided on this site and got the correct driver (may need to reinstall).

I will definitely check to see if configuration is correct as I thought I did it right but humans do make mistakes.

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Post by Vladsky » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:32 pm

photonerd15 wrote:I have read tutorials provided on this site and got the correct driver (may need to reinstall).

I will definitely check to see if configuration is correct as I thought I did it right but humans do make mistakes.
Roger that.

The best single resource I know (with the best 2015+-specific spreadsheet link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8d ... xIqxY/edit

So - assuming you have a known-good adapter & driver, configured the Connection properly in FORscan (including HS/MS switch config) AND know how to use the MS/HS switch in general ...

... about the only thing left that can cause issues is the use of Profiles. I Never use it - I Always allow Forscan to 'discover' all modules every time it loads. Reason - If you've happened to have saved a Profile of a partial Discovery (like yer list of SIX), you will Always only see a partial module list IF you continue load / use that Profile.

BTW - that tutorial has images of just how extensive the module list is on our trucks; WAAAAY more than 6, lol.

BTW #2 - ALWAYS connect a battery maintainer fer yer extended Forscan sessions. An under-voltage condition - which can readily occur while in KOEO operation - during module flashes can be fatal.

Lastly - it goes without saying to Back Up ALL of yer modules' Factory As-Built data as JOB #1. Do not perform ANY config changes until this had been done and you have Saved that data in more than one separate location / device (e.g NAS, a USB key, Cloud, etc).

Salut
Vlad

x96535
Vehicle: 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor

Post by x96535 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

photonerd15 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm
I have read tutorials provided on this site and got the correct driver (may need to reinstall).

Did you ever resolve the issue? I'm having the exact same problem, and I've gone through the tutorial step by step. Thanks