bbfly-BF32302 only shows 6 modules... normal?

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
photonerd15
Vehicle: Ford F-150

bbfly-BF32302 only shows 6 modules... normal?

Post by photonerd15 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:09 pm

I purchased the BBFly-BF32302 to program a 2016 F-150 3.5L EB Lariat and for some reason I am only able to modify 6 modules...

I know that there are plenty more modules that I should be able to change. Is the Adapter to blame since it's cheap? Should it be reading more modules?

Thanks in advance.

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Re: bbfly-BF32302 only shows 6 modules... normal?

Post by Vladsky » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm

photonerd15 wrote:I purchased the BBFly-BF32302 to program a 2016 F-150 3.5L EB Lariat and for some reason I am only able to modify 6 modules...

I know that there are plenty more modules that I should be able to change. Is the Adapter to blame since it's cheap? Should it be reading more modules?

Thanks in advance.
Howdy;

Did you:

- read all the tutorials?
- install the correct Driver fer this specific adapter?
- configure the connection within Forscan correctly?

All the above info is available on this site .

Lastly - a bad adapter is also a possibility. Cheap is cheap :lol:

Salut
Vlad

photonerd15
Vehicle: Ford F-150

Post by photonerd15 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm

I have read tutorials provided on this site and got the correct driver (may need to reinstall).

I will definitely check to see if configuration is correct as I thought I did it right but humans do make mistakes.

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Post by Vladsky » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:32 pm

photonerd15 wrote:I have read tutorials provided on this site and got the correct driver (may need to reinstall).

I will definitely check to see if configuration is correct as I thought I did it right but humans do make mistakes.
Roger that.

The best single resource I know (with the best 2015+-specific spreadsheet link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8d ... xIqxY/edit

So - assuming you have a known-good adapter & driver, configured the Connection properly in FORscan (including HS/MS switch config) AND know how to use the MS/HS switch in general ...

... about the only thing left that can cause issues is the use of Profiles. I Never use it - I Always allow Forscan to 'discover' all modules every time it loads. Reason - If you've happened to have saved a Profile of a partial Discovery (like yer list of SIX), you will Always only see a partial module list IF you continue load / use that Profile.

BTW - that tutorial has images of just how extensive the module list is on our trucks; WAAAAY more than 6, lol.

BTW #2 - ALWAYS connect a battery maintainer fer yer extended Forscan sessions. An under-voltage condition - which can readily occur while in KOEO operation - during module flashes can be fatal.

Lastly - it goes without saying to Back Up ALL of yer modules' Factory As-Built data as JOB #1. Do not perform ANY config changes until this had been done and you have Saved that data in more than one separate location / device (e.g NAS, a USB key, Cloud, etc).

Salut
Vlad