Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Re: ELM327-compatible adapters - how to choose

Post by fordsmax471 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 am

r4w wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:06 pm
Hi,

New here from UK and looking for the best adaptor on the UK market (USB) to use it with FORscan. Do you have any recommendations, from either eBay or Amazon or anything I can pay with PayPal so I can return if it doesn't fit my expectations?

Thank you!
google search or ebay search
OBDLink EX usb or els27v4 usb

SHARKTEETH
Vehicle: 10 f150 5.4

Post by SHARKTEETH » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:37 pm

i have a 2010 F150 and i am looking for a the right cable to use. I found this cable and was wondering if it would work. It says 16 pin.

OBD2 to USB Port Adapter Cable, EEEkit 1M/3.3ft 16Pin OBD 2 Female to USB Male Port Diagnostic Tool Charger Adapter Cable Connector

any help would be appreciated.

Robert

r4w
Vehicle: Mazda 6 tourer

Post by r4w » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:22 pm

fordsmax471 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 am
r4w wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:06 pm
Hi,

New here from UK and looking for the best adaptor on the UK market (USB) to use it with FORscan. Do you have any recommendations, from either eBay or Amazon or anything I can pay with PayPal so I can return if it doesn't fit my expectations?

Thank you!
google search or ebay search
OBDLink EX usb or els27v4 usb
Thanks, I did look around for them but they're both around 80 pounds shipped. I can get for a bit more a SVCI J2534 if I have to spend that much :) Any Chinese clone recommendations?

darrenboddy
Vehicle: 2019 F350 6.7L

Post by darrenboddy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 am

New member! Hi~
I only have apple products (iOS) and it seems like everything I have seen on here is geared for Microsoft users. I purchased a (OHP ELMconfig FORScan OBD2 USB Adapter for Windows, Ford Diagnostic ELM327 Coding Tool with MS-CAN / HS-CAN Switch) but fear it will not work on my application.
Thoughts?

vvmaks
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Expedition

Post by vvmaks » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:08 pm

darrenboddy wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 am
I only have apple products (iOS) and it seems like everything I have seen on here is geared for Microsoft users. I purchased a (OHP ELMconfig FORScan OBD2 USB Adapter for Windows, Ford Diagnostic ELM327 Coding Tool with MS-CAN / HS-CAN Switch) but fear it will not work on my application.
Thoughts?
For iOS, FORScan recommends OBDLink MX+. For Windows, OBDLink EX is your best option.

Kind regards,

Vitaliy

davecm
Vehicle: Mondeo Mk5 Titanium Ecoboost 240

Post by davecm » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:45 am

I bought the ELS27. Very happy with it. Worked first time, no switch needed, super quick in use, good build quality and cable.
Only downsides are high price and the fact the manufacturer seems not to have heard about airmail or DHL, and they only ship it by standard Russian postal service. I ordered from manufacturer's Ebay store and it took 5 weeks to arrive, presumably by boat, from St Petersburg. Much longer than than advertised delivery time. I would have happily paid extra for courier delivery.

geebee0316
Vehicle: Escape 2.0L GTDI EcoBoost 2015

Post by geebee0316 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:20 am

vvmaks wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:08 pm
darrenboddy wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 am
Thoughts?
For iOS, FORScan recommends OBDLink MX+. For Windows, OBDLink EX is your best option.

Kind regards,

Vitaliy
I own an OBDLink EX and I am going to order an MX+ soon for advanced options. I had some questions and their support team is so responsive and helpful. The build quality is really great as others have stated...
richvollberg wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:06 am
Update to my post above. The first EX unit I got had a bad USB cord. I contacted OBDLink and they sent out a new unit ASAP. It instantly conected and I had all the functions I was Looking For!.
Great Company and products. Working in the manufacturing field I understand that a Bad part gets sent out at times. Working on robots and PLC's we often order double the parts because the first one never works... :D

I already did the mods I wanted like horn off and DRL to fogs, Global window up and down from fob. Bambi Mode. Mirror heater on with remote start.

This is a awesome tool and just added a couple thousand dollars value compared to other stock f-150 Sports XLT with the snow plow option.
I highly recommend supporting this company, I own a Snap-On Solus Edge, a Drew-Tech Cardaq Plus 2 and a bunch of Fluke and Fieldpiece equipment so I have had the good fortune of using high-quality tools and the OBDLink EX that I now own is top notch.

Gary