Another No adapter found issue

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
Car Nut 100
Vehicle: Ford CMax hybrid gas 2.0L 2018

Another No adapter found issue

Post by Car Nut 100 »

New purchase and trying to use this for the first time.

Using OBDLink MX+ 2.0 STN 2255 v5.6.11 ELM327 v 1.4b
Installed Forscan Lite from the App store, v1.511, kernal v 2.3.41, on my IPhone SE running IOS 14.6
I can see the adapter in the bluetooth section of my phone. It says connected. I have made sure that the phone is not BT connected to any other device. I also see that the rapid flashing of the blue light on the OBD connector becomes a solid light as soon as it pairs with my phone.

When I press the connect button in the app, I get the error message, "No adapter found. Please check connection and try again".
Sometimes when trying to connect, the progress dial spins clockwise. hits the stop, bounces back to the 4 o'clock position, then goes back to the bottom stop. It will just continue that for 5 minutes or longer.

Now for the crazy part.
When I click on the vehicle icon, I can see a lot of info there. Clicking on the errors icon, reveals a long list of items that seem to have "passed", a few yellow triangles, and a red X that says adapter not found. None of the other icons reveal anything when clicking on them.
If the adapter "is not found", how in the heck is all that other info being transferred to my phone? Was my download of the program corrupted?

Anybody?
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: Another No adapter found issue

Post by Ecmbuster »

If you have a Windows machine, install FORScan and pair the OBDLink MX+
Look at this image and make sure that PIN 16 has battery power and that all the PINs are clean and the adapter has a snug fit.
DLC-Data-Link-16-Pin-Out.jpg
DLC-Data-Link-16-Pin-Out.jpg (204.79 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Go to the OBDLink MX+ website and look for a possible firmware update. The laptop needs to access the internet in this case.
Test with the laptop and temporary license. If it works,mode the laptop away from the vehicle.
Try the iOS again with the MX+.
Post your images and results with the laptop with this tool.
Snipping Tool.JPG
Snipping Tool.JPG (63.81 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Capture images with the iOS device.
Post your results.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!