Kiwi 3 support?

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
niXta
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 2009

Kiwi 3 support?

Post by niXta » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi!

I wonder if the new Kiwi 3 BT4.1 for IOS/Android will be supported by forscan?

And do they support ms can? I tried to search for the information but I couldn't find anything useful.

http://www.plxdevices.com/Kiwi-3-OBD-Ca ... 002832.htm

Edit: I got a hold of their support and it supports auto ms/sw-can. This seems to be the best solution for IOS, it's like an OBDLink MX BT, but working for both android and IOS. It is not limited to one app as all other IOS BT adapters are, any app can add support for it.

EDIT: Kiwi 3 is now supported! Working wery well for me so far on IOS! A little higher than expected latency but working good anyway. I'm not sure if Windows will be supported but I hope so.
Last edited by niXta on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: Kiwi 3 support?

Post by FORScan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 am

We have tried to find any infromation about this adapter, with no luck. If it works with Torque, it may be ELM327 compatible. But ELM327 doesn't access MS-CAN by default, so eitehr they use STN1170 or their own custom API. We need full information about the adapter in order to implement its support, and also we need to order it to test locally. So we have submitted request to the Kiwi support. If they are interested in cooperation and provide necessary info, we will add support for this adapter.

Automate
Vehicle: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Post by Automate » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:24 pm

I received one of these through their Kickstarter. FORScan Lite for Android v1.1.3 does not connect. I've sent the log. Let me know if you need anything else.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:46 am

Kiwi3 utilizes BLE (low-energy version of bluetooth, originally designed for sensors and other similar equipment), so application should work differently. BLE support is not implemented in FORScan yet, but we will implement it.

1boynsea
Vehicle: superduty 6.0L 3500,2004

Post by 1boynsea » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:36 pm

I have a KIWI3 and your software was recommended by another 2004 ford superduty owner. After downloading the software it looks way more functional than the other 2 software products I have purchased. I am wondering if you might have a release date when Forscan will work with the KIWI3? I would be willing to purchase the extended license if it makes a difference. Thanks. If not I will purchase another compatible unit.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:04 am

Kiwi 3 is not ELM327 compatible, but we found this adapter interesting and considering it was one of very few adapters that can work with iOS BT, we decided to implement its support. So we contacted Kiwi developers few months ago and asked to provide necessary documentation (the API is not public) and test version of the adapter. They agreed and sent us NDA to sign, which was signed and sent back. After that they got lost.

We suspect they realized our team resides in Russia and decided to do not make business with us. Or may be there is some other reason. In any case, we have no time to bug people that are not willing to co-operate, so it seems we have to move forward without Kiwi, sorry

1boynsea
Vehicle: superduty 6.0L 3500,2004

Post by 1boynsea » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:57 am

Well after buying the PLX POS! I asked how to write a review. The response was to create an account,,,, WTF! .they don't have a clue , PLX has responded to the questions I have asked but I now think they are computer generated as they have been no help at all.!!! Thanks to forscan for helping me figure out what was wrong with my 2004 SD 3500. When I showed my neighbor and a friend at work the screen shots of your software they were impressed. Especially after seeing the truck sit for months and now running,,,I used a 20$ scanner not the 99$ one to figure it out,,, thanks forscan.

niXta
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 2009

Post by niXta » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:36 pm

FORScan wrote:Kiwi 3 is not ELM327 compatible, but we found this adapter interesting and considering it was one of very few adapters that can work with iOS BT, we decided to implement its support. So we contacted Kiwi developers few months ago and asked to provide necessary documentation (the API is not public) and test version of the adapter. They agreed and sent us NDA to sign, which was signed and sent back. After that they got lost.

We suspect they realized our team resides in Russia and decided to do not make business with us. Or may be there is some other reason. In any case, we have no time to bug people that are not willing to co-operate, so it seems we have to move forward without Kiwi, sorry
I talked with PLX a while ago and asked them about this, they claimed that the NDA never came back. They promised to reach out to you again, can you confirm that they have done so?

Automate
Vehicle: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Post by Automate » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:18 am

I signed an NDA with them but had to send the document a few times because their e-mail could not take a large attachment. As I remember I had to get the attached file below 1 Meg.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:09 am

NDA has been resubmitted via Kiwi ticket system.