obdlink ex

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
davetcollection
Vehicle: Focus '17 ST-Line 1.0 Auto, Focus 4 1.5D Titanium

Re: obdlink ex

Post by davetcollection »

Hi, I was getting this message, tried changing to auto baud rate and still nothing, I then changed the baud rate to maximum and it worked
Scudder67
Vehicle: 2010 Ford transit mk7 2.4 115

Post by Scudder67 »

so now my computer is saying the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28) the computer is recognising the obdlink ex but cant find drivers anyone tech savvy on here to help out

thanks
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf »

Scudder67 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:16 pm
... the computer is recognising the obdlink ex but cant find drivers anyone tech savvy on here to help out

https://494382-1562282-raikfcquaxqncofq ... kstart.pdf

DRIVERS

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip
Scudder67

Post by Scudder67 »

Thanks for reply I've got that card the problem is as above code 28 it seems to be a windows issue on the computer
Thanks
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf »

Scudder67 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:18 am
Thanks for reply I've got that card the problem is as above code 28 it seems to be a windows issue on the computer
Thanks

Code 28 errors are usually caused by missing drivers for the piece of hardware that the error appears on in Device Manager. Updating the drivers for the device will almost always fix the problem. If that doesn't work, chances are the hardware has a physical problem and will need to be replaced.

https://www.google.com/search?q=WIN+C ... &ie=UTF-8
Scudder67

Post by Scudder67 »

All sorted I found the drivers on the scantool.net forum it then allowed me to update firmware
Thanks to all that replied
smartguy69
Vehicle: Kuga Titanium,2 litre diesel, 150PS, 2015

Post by smartguy69 »

Scudder67 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:48 am
Having trouble now with getting firmware to upload
Its telling me
User action required to complete firmware update
1 unplug cables from device
2 wait at least 10 seconds
3 plug device back in
4 click upload firmware button

I'm doing all this but it just keeps coming back
I don't think its recognising or finding the obd ex

Any ideas

Thanks
Ok, plug your device into your laptop/PC. If device shows a yellow light then drivers are installed. If red then download drivers from:

obdlink.com/drivers

I also downloaded the obd app from:

obdwiz.app

You will need to have the drivers on every device you wish to use so if you are testing the device on your pc then you will also need to have the drivers on your laptop as well.

To have the correct drivers you can also do this.

Right Click on Windows Icon Bottom Left of Screen
Device Manager
Look for anything in "other" that has a yellow triangle

No yellow triangles means correct drivers are installed if you have a yellow triangle in "Other"
Click on it
Click update driver
Click search automatically
Scudder67

Post by Scudder67 »

Thank you
Snowball
Vehicle: Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2.0l 2017

Post by Snowball »

I had that problem - set the baud rate to the value you can see in the device manager of windows. when it's on auto, it won't see the adapter.
FlynDagger
Vehicle: Ford F150, 5.0 Coyote, FX4, 2017

Post by FlynDagger »

Hello,
On my brand new, (still never used) OBDlink EX, I got a red led when I first connected. I Downloaded and installed the drivers, and got the yellow led. I then updated the firmware, and now I get an orange led. Is this normal? I don't want to even try to plug it into my truck just in case it messes something up. What does the orange led mean?

Side note: the OBDLink site is a mess and it really sucks. I am very computer literate and still had problems finding and installing the correct drivers and firmware. There are 2 different areas to download the drivers; one zip file is missing the .exe command, the other actually works but of course had to fiddle around the website to find the working file. The directions on the firmware are not clear and it kept kicking me out of the upload. I had to look through the forum to find out that the baud rate needed to be adjusted; why not just put that in the instructions or on the actual firmware download page? I signed up for the Scantool.net support forum and never got the confirmation email. I've since reapplied twice to have the confirmation email sent, and still nothing today (it's been a week). Looking back, I should've never purchased this product and gone a different route.
Thanks in advance!
R