Concerns about OBDLink-Ex

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
margut
Vehicle: Escape, L3 2.3L 2008

Concerns about OBDLink-Ex

Post by margut »

I am about to purchase this tool for my 2015 Ranger for maintenance purposes however there seems to be lots of issues with it, as can be read from the forum, despite the fact that it is developed hand-in-hand with Forscan. Connectivity with the vehicle is my main concern. I am wondering if somebody can enlighten everyone whether the issues mentioned were; the tool itself including its driver/firmware, the site it was procured from, the user or perhaps the cumputer system Forscan is installed on...
davetcollection
Vehicle: Focus 2017 ST-Line 1.0 Auto 6F15

Re: Concerns about OBDLink-Ex

Post by davetcollection »

No issues with mine, Forscan asks if you want to update the firmware the first time you use it, say yes.

Mine connects, config's and programmes Fiesta 2018, Focus 2019, Focus 2016, Focus 2017 and Puma 2020 all OK
adamsdaddy
Vehicle: 2016 Expedition XLT 3.5 4x4

Re: Concerns about OBDLink-Ex

Post by adamsdaddy »

Mine worked perfectly. Unlike the top selling cheaper one on Amazon that has a switch and I couldn’t get it to work.
I turned off the LED hyperflash, turned on Bambi mode and that’s about it. I wanted to turn off the key in the ignition beeping but haven’t messed with it in a couple of months.
Windows 10, ten year old laptop.
2016 Expedition XLT 4x4 pulling a 2008 Fleetwood Saratoga popup trailer.