2011 Ford Edge ACM Module

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
rgcarnevale
Vehicle: F150, Gasoline 3.5L 2011

2011 Ford Edge ACM Module

Post by rgcarnevale »

My wife's Edge was having intermittent issues with the backup camera working sometimes but not working most of the time. HVAC was also screwy, after having AC on if we wanted heat we would need to crank up the temperature to like 75 before warm air would start flowing and AC also did not seem as could as I would expect. Just a bunch of little annoyances. I bought a good OBD reader that also supported FORScan.

I decided to update the firmware for any modules that needed it. I ended up doing about 8 or so prior to having an issue. While uploading the new firmware to the ACM the upload failed, I reran the update and this time is got much further but then failed again. On the 3rd attempt everything finished successfully but now I have not audio at all (Radio, Sync Audio and although I have not tried I will imagine NAV sound doesn't work either.)

I just disconnected the battery and will reconnect in a bit to see if it fixes the issue but was wondering if any one has any ideas? Unfortunately I did not backup config but I am guessing it is a problem with the firmware not updating properly. Should I try again?

This is the DTC error I get ACM Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
rgcarnevale
Vehicle: F150, Gasoline 3.5L 2011

Re: 2011 Ford Edge ACM Module

Post by rgcarnevale »

I resolved my audio issue by upgrading FORscan to the latest Beta and then applying AS Delivered calibration. I do now have another question I have a few modules that after upgrading the Hardware version does not match hardware version listed for firmware, is this normal or should the firmware update all information; I have included an example of what I am referring to.
BDCM Module Firmware.jpg
BDCM Module Firmware.jpg (99.68 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
All_Ford_Home
Vehicle: 2014 Ford F-250/CC

Re: 2011 Ford Edge ACM Module

Post by All_Ford_Home »

I realize this thread is very old. I hope you are still an active member in the forum. Did you get the issues resolved?