OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
lowbuc
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Escape 3.0liter

OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules

Post by lowbuc »

Can't access information in modules. The unit plugs in shows everything connected

View Profile

OBDlink EX Ford escape 2005 can't see data in modules
« on: Yesterday at 01:42:24 PM »
The OBDlink EX connects to 2005 Escape finds car, green light on obd, Finds all of modules on car, all green checks in logs, in configuration lists all information details about car , modules lists HSCAN PCM OBDII 4X4M IC ISO RCM MScan Profiles finds car! In HSCAN modules won't open any of theSub section to give information.
DTC Lists modules with no codes. Nothing is Dashboards. Tests all modules say On Demand self test.
General connection Debug is checked measurement Metirc CSV semicolon, Timestamp Relative English
Forscan 2.3.48 release. I tried to load picture of OBDII port in car.
Thank you Lowell
Attachments
thumbnail_20220807_121310.jpg
thumbnail_20220807_121310.jpg (101.69 KiB) Viewed 774 times
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules

Post by tractmec »

lowbuc wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:59 pm
Can't access information in modules. The unit plugs in shows everything connected

View Profile

OBDlink EX Ford escape 2005 can't see data in modules
« on: Yesterday at 01:42:24 PM »
The OBDlink EX connects to 2005 Escape finds car, green light on obd, Finds all of modules on car, all green checks in logs, in configuration lists all information details about car , modules lists HSCAN PCM OBDII 4X4M IC ISO RCM MScan Profiles finds car! In HSCAN modules won't open any of theSub section to give information.
DTC Lists modules with no codes. Nothing is Dashboards. Tests all modules say On Demand self test.
General connection Debug is checked measurement Metirc CSV semicolon, Timestamp Relative English
Forscan 2.3.48 release. I tried to load picture of OBDII port in car.
Thank you Lowell
At the top of the Configuration tab there should be two Adapter parameters that FORScan read Like Min Delay(in MS and should be a low number for a good adapter)! And an entry for errors and should be reading none if the Adapter had no problem reading all the modules that responded! See example below!
Please note that these example screens are from a Forscan Beta firmware programming version and will have Tests and parameters that will not be included in the 2.3.48 version!

If you mean "sub section" in the module network list like the below attachment there is no subsection to open in that list (This list is from my 2003 Expedition and is the older PWM ISO And UBP networks PWM and UBP were replaced by HSCAN and MSCAN)! I however see no ABS Module in the list you post under the HSCAN network! It is a little interesting that you have not listed any thing under the MSCAN Network as there should be a GEM/Smart Junction Box/BCM in the MSCAN network!
This is the oldest vehicle I have seen so far that has an MSCAN network! Your DLC Connector does show the correct No.3 and 11 sockets for it!
If you could possibly post a screen shot of your Module network tree would help( The Windows snipping tool works great for this)! See an example below!

The Profile Tab stores a read profile(You would likely have answered yes when the Pop Up appeared asking if you wish to store a Profile for this vehicle if any profile for this vehicle appears under the Profile Tab) This can be used to speed up the next connection. This can cause problems with the next connection if there was not a full read on the previous connection.
I generally do not use a Stored Profile for this reason and make FORScan fully read the modules each time by answering no when the pop up appears saying there is a profile stored and asking if you wish to use a stored profile!
I store one profile in which I know all modules have been successfully and correctly read to use only if I need a backup!

DTC list should show "None" if none have set in the last 100 miles Drive cycle(a Good thing and something we all hope and strive for) or if there are connection or module read problems it will show "error" or "unable to read" but it should never show a blank list!(a P1000 code could remain in the PCM if a DTC has been set in any module and been cleared and the above drive cycle has not yet been completed)!

There will be nothing in the Dashboard, Oscilloscope or Table until you use the Gear icon at the bottom of the screen to bring up a list of PIDs to select(Use Shift and down arrow to select all or a range of PID's) and click the arrow button to move the PID from the left list to the right hand field and click the check mark, at the bottom to load module PIDs(use The little drop down Window to chose individual modules with PID's to load) into the header tabs(I always use the Table)! You then have to click the play button in order to run the PIDs and read the live data! See the ABS module example below!

The on demand self tests are loaded by clicking on a test(Or open the desired module in the drop down window) to bring the play button live at the bottom left of the screen and clicking play! See example!

There have been some EX adapters early on the came out of the box not working properly but most were fixed by the adapter firmware up date so make sure your adapter has the latest update loaded. FORScan has a provision under the connection icon to check this on its first connection to the adapter and there is a check mark under the connection icon to allow FORScan to do this before connecting to the vehicle! It is usually checked by default

Don't know if this helps!
Attachments
Snipping Tool.jpg
Snipping Tool.jpg (63.81 KiB) Viewed 750 times
ConfigurationTab .PNG
ConfigurationTab .PNG (204.92 KiB) Viewed 750 times
SelfTest Screen.PNG
SelfTest Screen.PNG (60 KiB) Viewed 750 times
PID ABS LOAD.PNG
PID ABS LOAD.PNG (81.86 KiB) Viewed 750 times
ModuleTreeScreen.PNG
ModuleTreeScreen.PNG (57.09 KiB) Viewed 750 times
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
bagged expo
Vehicle: 2007 Ford expedidtion Limited

Re: OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules

Post by bagged expo »

I had the same issue until I got the settings right. Were you able to get it to connect