OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules 2005Ford Escape

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
lowbuc
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Escape 3.0liter

OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules 2005Ford Escape

Post by lowbuc »

I tried to copy each of the screens on obdlink ex. I don't know if it worked. Still can't read data in instrument cluster or any section. Don't know what to do next to get obd ex to work, Where I can see door alarm errors to fix faulty door latch.
Thanks ,
Lowell
Attachments
forscanh.png
forscanh.png (42.08 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscanO.png
forscanO.png (65.66 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscang.png
forscang.png (42.69 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscanm.png
forscanm.png (131.53 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscanf.png
forscanf.png (46.69 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscane.png
forscane.png (49.37 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscand.png
forscand.png (47.48 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscanc.png
forscanc.png (51.95 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscan a.png
forscan a.png (56.05 KiB) Viewed 507 times
forscab.png
forscab.png (135.53 KiB) Viewed 507 times
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: OBDlinkEX won't load data in modules 2005Ford Escape

Post by tractmec »

lowbuc wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:42 pm
I tried to copy each of the screens on obdlink ex. I don't know if it worked. Still can't read data in instrument cluster or any section. Don't know what to do next to get obd ex to work, Where I can see door alarm errors to fix faulty door latch.
Thanks ,
Lowell
Every thing I see in your attached images looks exactly the way it should be! There is no other menu that opens in the module list!

What you are looking for is done in the PID live data section(Oscilloscope Icon Dash Board Oscilloscope Table) and you have to choose a module from the drop down arrow, choose the PIDs you wish to run by clicking them or click the first one and hold left shift key and down arrow key to select all, and click the right pointed arrow to load them in the Right hand pane, click the check mark to save the list and click the blue play button to run them! I always use the table as you can load all the PID's in a module and scroll through them as they run. The other two can only show as many PIDs as can fit on the screen and the screen is not scroll able!

I tried to explain the live data PID section(Dash Board Oscilloscope and Table Tabs) to you here: viewtopic.php?p=81167#p81167 Evidently not very well! See the Attachments again! The PIDs Load image i have atached is for the EATC module but the Gem module is similar!

I am guessing you have a door ajar warning that is staying on and illuminated entry that will not go off with the doors closed and it won't allow the alarm to be set! The door ajar switches in these Fords have a nasty habit of their plungers sticking in the open position due to old congealed lubricant! The latch lever mechanically pushes the plunger to the open position and a small spring is supposed to return it to the closed position! the lubrication can get so congealed that the plunger never returns to the closed position

The PIDs(Process or Parameter Identity) you will be looking for are in the GEM(also contains the Body control functions) and are called "Door ajar (one for each door) which control illuminated entry and double as the door alarm trigger on vehicles equipped with perimeter security!

They should all show closed when the doors are closed and open or ajar with the door open. If one or more show open with the door closed those will have a plunger stuck in the open position! the door will have to be stripped, the latch assembly removed and cleaned!

Hopefully this clears up some confusion??
Attachments
Pid'sEatc.PNG
Pid'sEatc.PNG (307.88 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Lowbuc PID screen.PNG
Lowbuc PID screen.PNG (410.38 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!