MS CAN with J2534

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
Rick86
Vehicle: 2013 Ford F250 6.7

MS CAN with J2534

Post by Rick86 »

Hi, I am not able to access any MS CAN modules with my AEZ Flasher3 J2534 adapter. I can flash MS CAN modules with this unit with the OE software, so pretty sure the unit has to capability to access MS CAN, but I cannot get it to read any of the MS CAN modules on any vehicle. I couldn't find any help in forums or on the website. I have went into settings and changed the adapter settings, no change. I am at the latest Forscan software level. I will attach screenshots of the logs, and also of the settings page so you can see the settings. Do I need to purchase an OBDLink? The AEZFlasher3 is listed in supported interfaces. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (161.02 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (213.25 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (157.8 KiB) Viewed 152 times
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: MS CAN with J2534

Post by tractmec »

Rick86 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 pm
Hi, I am not able to access any MS CAN modules with my AEZ Flasher3 J2534 adapter. I can flash MS CAN modules with this unit with the OE software, so pretty sure the unit has to capability to access MS CAN, but I cannot get it to read any of the MS CAN modules on any vehicle. I couldn't find any help in forums or on the website. I have went into settings and changed the adapter settings, no change. I am at the latest Forscan software level. I will attach screenshots of the logs, and also of the settings page so you can see the settings. Do I need to purchase an OBDLink? The AEZFlasher3 is listed in supported interfaces. Thanks in advance.
Delete any Profiles( High lite the entry and use the Trash can Icon in the profile Tab) that were saved without the MScan buss showing and force FORScan to do a complete read of all the network busses!

From reading the AEZ specs Page,(J2534-1/2) I see no reason why it should not as they say it is tested with FORD FJDS and FDRS!
FORScan works great with the Ford VCM2(I have tried mine on auto and dedicated Chanel and it works both ways never tried it on the HScan Shared setting) and has been known to work with the new VCM3 and the CARDAQ+ J2534-2 adapter which Ford has it its support list.

Try uninstalling the latest version and and installing version 2.3.41(https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSet ... 1.beta.exe) and see if there is a difference! Some members have noted a difference although not necessarily related to missing CAN Busses! Again Delete All profiles and force FORScan to do a complete read of all network trees!

If none of this works do the below procedure and might be good idea to do so first if the profile delete does not work!

If it is not working on the MSCAN Dedicated Channel or auto setting which it should work with, then this would appear to be something in FORScan! If you have a paid FORScan license, send your logs and dump.bin file as per this page: https://forscan.org/contactus.html using the "Providing FORScan Debug Information" to contact@forscan.org!
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
Rick86

Post by Rick86 »

Thanks. I deleted the profiles and started over, no change. I uninstalled the latest version and installed the one you referenced, no change. I will try to send the files to FORScan once I get the new version installed.
FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan »

This page clearly explains how to report this kind of issues to support team:

https://forscan.org/contactus.html

In particular, we ultimately need debug information as described here:

https://forscan.org/contactus.html#debug_info

As stated multiple times through the forum and web-site, we are unable to provide a competent feedback on technical problems without debug information.
Rick86

Post by Rick86 »

Well I was pretty sure I did all that. Am I completely missing something or did the debug files not come through?