Cannot connect to 2010 Escape

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
avandyke246
Vehicle: Escape, 2.5L 2010

Cannot connect to 2010 Escape

Post by avandyke246 »

as the title says im having issues connecting to my escape. Either it cant read the pcm or gets hung on trying to read the vehicle info. i tested with another software and it informed me that the voltage from the vehicle was too low which forscan was reporting 3.2 volts from the vehicle. i checked fuses and everything else and can't narrow it down. Gonna try to get ahold of a multimeter to check the thing. Using the obdlink ex adapter recommended by the team.
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Re: Cannot connect to 2010 Escape

Post by f-wolf »

avandyke246 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:16 pm
as the title says im having issues connecting to my escape. Either it cant read the pcm or gets hung on trying to read the vehicle info. i tested with another software and it informed me that the voltage from the vehicle was too low which forscan was reporting 3.2 volts from the vehicle. i checked fuses and everything else and can't narrow it down. Gonna try to get ahold of a multimeter to check the thing. Using the obdlink ex adapter recommended by the team.
OBD2-Connector-Pinout.png
OBD2-Connector-Pinout.png (26.44 KiB) Viewed 176 times
obdlink
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Expedition

Re: Cannot connect to 2010 Escape

Post by obdlink »

avandyke246 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:16 pm
Are you able to start the engine?