Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
BLF150
Vehicle: F150, Diesel, 3.0, 2018

Errors after a few successful mods

Post by BLF150 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:49 pm

2018 F150 Lariat 3.0 Diesel
FORScan Version 2.3.28 beta
Windows 10 Home

First off I love this forum and what it has allowed me to do to this truck!!

I have this reader -

https://www.amazon.com/OHP-Forscan-Adap ... ljaz10cnVl

It allowed me to to put temps above gauges, Lincoln style folding mirrors, delete two honk exit with keys in hand while running and diesel particulate filter percentage. They all work great!

Now it’s throwing the standard, I think, clone errors when I try and do “global windows” and “passenger enabled changes in the navigation screen while moving.”

If I was able to do all the mods that I did...could it still be a clone?

Sorry if this is answered already.

Thanks,

B
Brent S
2018 F150 Lariat 3.0 PS

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: Errors after a few successful mods

Post by FORScan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 am

it is not a clone.... the problem is in WiFi interface. It is known problem for OHP adpaters with WiFi: it produces too significant delays sometimes and it is critical for certain programming requests. So you can use it to modify short memory blocks but it will fail when you try to write long blocks.

In case of FORScan for WIndows, general recommendations are:

1. If you have a choice between USB, BT, WiFi, please use device with USB interface. Why: it is more reliable, faster and cheaper than wireless.
2. If you have a choice between BT and WiFi, please use device with BT interface. Why: it is more reliable, faster and cheaper than WiFi.
3. Try to newer use WiFi inteface. WiFi chips are more complex than BT, so they are less reliable, more power consuming and more expensive just by default. Even OBDLink MX WiFi is a crap because it uses cheap, low quality WiFi chip.

Wireless devices are the best for FORScan Lite for iOS and Android, but even here we recommend to use BT where possible. Why:
1. All the same reasons mentioned above.
2. If you use WIFi adapter, you cannot use Internet on your mobile device and this is a serious limitation.

Apple iOS doesn't support Bluetooth SPP interface used in cheap ELM327 adapters. New adapter from ScanTool, OBDLInk MX+, is certified by Apple so can work with it. But MX+ is quite expensive. So using OHP WiFi may be reasponable in case of FORScan Lite for iOS.

Aica0177
Vehicle: 2019 Ranger

Re: Errors after a few successful mods

Post by Aica0177 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:55 pm

HELP !!! Pleaseeeee 2019 RANGER

After a couple mods, (tire size, bambi mode, raptor screen background) everything working good , but not fordpass app, I tough was becouse the mods (latter I found just disconnecting battery and connecting back will solve the problem and ford pass started working) but before figuring that I hit on forscan relearn factory setting and after that engine light came on and show p603 VIN NOT MATCH OR NOT RECOGNIZED “ Now the truck has been in dealer for 4 days and they told me waiting for ford engineer becouse they never happened before and they doesn’t know how to fix it. Just 510 milles on it. I know I screwed it but I need help.

Thank you so much in advance for any idea