VIN in reverse order

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
ipw
Vehicle: Ford 2.4 TDCi duratorq

VIN in reverse order

Post by ipw » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am

Hi, I am new to Forscan and found its great software, my truck is a 2007 Landrover defender puma 2.4 TDCi, not a Ford car body but the engine and its control is exactly a Ford 2.4 TDCi Duratorq, so far it reads DTC, run PID well and I even conducted an injector pilot learn successfully, the engine runs obviously smoother after the learning process.
However, I found one very curious thing, in the connection page, the Forscan report a VIN number exactly in reserve order, and instead of 2007 make year, it reports 1995, see attached screenshot. My proper VIN should be SALLD ----- 264, I wonder if anyone experience similar situation and is there a way to make it correct, any chance it's caused by my very inexpensive ELM327 adapter, I tried both Forscan beta version 2.3.16 and 2.3.21, bother return a reversed VIN and wrong make year.
Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (23.73 KiB) Viewed 428 times

NathanSA
Vehicle: 2017 Ford Ranger PX2 XLS 2.2

Re: VIN in reverse order

Post by NathanSA » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am

Hi,

How did you run the injector pilot learn?
No procedure comes up in Forscan. It just tells me to turn IGN off and then shows 100%.
I have a Ford Ranger with the 2.2 puma engine.

ipw
Vehicle: Ford 2.4 TDCi duratorq

Re: VIN in reverse order

Post by ipw » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:40 pm

So far it runs the test smoothly once I hit the button, see the screenshot after finished. but beware the test only run in a certain engine temperature range, if eng temperature out of that range, it gives out a warning and not running, also I remember at the start, there is a list of DTC which if unresolved, the learn test won't proceed.
Attachments
learn complete.PNG
learn complete.PNG (68.25 KiB) Viewed 93 times