Forscan won't reconnect to vehicle after first disconnection

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
jackp575
Vehicle: Transit 2.2 2011

Forscan won't reconnect to vehicle after first disconnection

Post by jackp575 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Hey guys,

Managed to get Forscan to read my Transit yesterday but upon reconnecting to the vehicle it now refuses to connect to it, I've tried reinstalling the drivers and Forscan and potched with a few settings but no luck. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's an issue with Windows.

Currently using Win 10 using the F-Super MK2 connector via USB.

Forscan reads my ELM327 v1.5 but then is 'unable to connect to vehicle. Please make sure the ignition key is ON and try again'

This is particularly frustrating because it was working fine yesterday :evil:

Cheers in advance!

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: Forscan won't reconnect to vehicle after first disconnection

Post by FORScan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:49 am

FORScan Support Team is proper address for this kind od issues:

https://forscan.org/contactus.html

ProfessorTomorrow
Vehicle: Expedition, 5.4 Triton 2005

Post by ProfessorTomorrow » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm

jackp575 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:55 pm
Hey guys,

Managed to get Forscan to read my Transit yesterday but upon reconnecting to the vehicle it now refuses to connect to it, I've tried reinstalling the drivers and Forscan and potched with a few settings but no luck. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's an issue with Windows.

Currently using Win 10 using the F-Super MK2 connector via USB.

Forscan reads my ELM327 v1.5 but then is 'unable to connect to vehicle. Please make sure the ignition key is ON and try again'

This is particularly frustrating because it was working fine yesterday :evil:

Cheers in advance!
Isn't this frustrating? Look at the posts on this forum. There are MANY posts with TONS of views and no responses. I find that very interesting. Why? People have the same issues, but NOBODY is offering solutions. I even posted a thread offering to PAY either the developers or even an experienced user to help me solve my issue, but guess what? Only one response and 40 or so views..........

And yes, I read the tutorial, searched the forums, read every post which remotely matched my issue, watched HOURS of YouTube videos, and yet ZERO help for my specific issue.

Great software, but useless if there is no support.......btw my issue is similar to yours. Sounds like a software issue to me.

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Post by f-wolf » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 am

Re, " Great software, but useless if there is no support...... " :roll:

Just remember this: The Software is FREE !!

A lot of TIME and Money went in to this " Free Software "

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:05 pm

you have to remember that most of the people answering these questions are users just the same as you , thier free time may vary from week to week so they may answer one week but not the next ,if you want super great support feel free to go pay for software that gives it as you have paid for it and should there for get it .
as for looking at threads where people have had the same issue you will find that there is little to no answrs as the question has probably been answered several times before and the person who started the thread wont have likely come back to give a answer to what he did to resolve it becuase it was something so simple that he over looked it and then feels so stupid after that he just comes back to browse every now again , and the originally answered threads are so far back because of people posting the same thing without searching they are now hard to find .

And as always dont forget to read the software updates notes , this included sometimes having to go back several versions ,i myself have had to explain to loads of people who post the exact same question when it comes to numerous problems because they didnt read the release notes or they simply didnt understand them , just last week there was 4 posts all with the exact same question, (does this tell you something like they didnt do a search or read the release notes ) , after the 2nd post i simply refused to even waste my time answering them any more as if people cant do a simple thing why should i waste my time to explain something when they cant spend the same time doing something they should have ?

also if i had to answer this i would say did you make sure the hs/ms can switch was reset to the correct position when trying to connect to the car if it has one ? .
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .

ProfessorTomorrow
Vehicle: Expedition, 5.4 Triton 2005

Post by ProfessorTomorrow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Thanks fellas for the response.
I didn't intend to ruffle feathers, but I have tried to find the answer here, but to no avail.
I've probably spent several hours reading various post including the tutorials, updates, and threads.
I didn't just throw out a question. Too bad some people do that.
I guess I'll try a different adapter and see if it works. Seems to be the only answer. Odd that it worked once and then wouldn't the next time.
Once again I offer my apologies.
Namaste

lenko
Vehicle: 2015 Lincoln MKC, 2.0 Ecoboost

Post by lenko » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 am

Years before I knew about Forscan I was trying to get ScanXL pro to work, so I bought a cheap USB OBD11 (Chinese) on Amazon. Well it was almost worthless. I sent that back and picked up an Elmscan 5 - corded and that worked pretty good but seemed to be lacking a few connection functions. I ended up with OBDLink MX bluetooth and that worked well with ScanXL, the free OBDLink program and Torque. In fact I was able to update the OBDLink MX firmware to the latest - I believe it's 4.30. Along came Forscan and I was able to transition into that program seamlessly. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

darrellr5044
Vehicle: ford, fiesta 1.6TDCI,deisel, 2012

Post by darrellr5044 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:36 am

HAVING SAME PROBLEM
running xp on toughbook with usb cable. installed connected first time brilliant. was late so came bk next day repeated procedure exactly same faild to connect didn't even recognise addaptor tried rebooting laptop . . no switch on usb!.. turning ignition off back on! disconnecting and reconnect adapter.. was at it coupleof hours no joy! so sacked it off. Likewise done my fair share of reading searching, reading searching reading, :shock: :shock: :idea: :ugeek:

came back next day it connected seccond try! disconnected it. again would not reconnect!! W.T.F!!.
CHECKED ALL COM PORTS USB ETC IN SYSTEM hardware device manager to see if was issue with drivers or any yellow triangles warning of problem devices nothing working fine!!

Am i being really thick and missing something glaringly obvious. any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated thanx

panasonic toughbook cf-18 win xp obd2 usb forscan 2.3.20

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Post by f-wolf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:12 pm

It could be the Firewall and or the Antivirus that stops Forscan from connecting :?:

Also have a read here:

(If ELM327 USB isn't setup properly as per instructions below — then OBD software will not even detect the cable — let alone connect to the vehicle.)
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... 2-software