Upgrade radio?

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
greggsg
Vehicle: Ford Mustang GT convertible 5.0 6speed .

Re: Upgrade radio?

Post by greggsg »

Thanks. So the Dealership put this in. They also changed the ESN of the radio, does this mean that they changed the ACM?

Is this a different piece all together in the mustang? Also, My car reposts as an F150 when connecting via bluetooth.

The tech put the radio in, programmed the VIN of my car into the radio and nothing else. So my climate control wasnt there, which is kind of needed on the stang, as not all options are available on the manual controls.

I know the new radios have a built in Modem, but for the ESN of the modem shows up blank.

My Tech team at the dealership needs to be "told" what to do sometimes.
greggsg

Post by greggsg »

Correction. They changed out the sirius XM receiver when troubleshooting the Numerous Acquiring Satellite Signal and losing stations issue that I have. Then they scratched my existing infotainment touch screen and thats when they replaced it.

Can you please tell me what 4 wires have to be added and where they go I can tell the dealership?

Thanks,

Gregg
grajr38
Vehicle: F-150, gas, 2.7L, 2015

Post by grajr38 »

Where is the SiriusXM receiver located at in your Mustang?
greggsg

Post by greggsg »

I assume that it is the APM unit in the dash below the infotainment center. My car is a 16. I know in 19 they removed the cd player from the apm. Unit. The infotainment system has Sync 3.4, was set as a ford F150. Tried to reset it myself with Forscan got a bunch of it working but not all, like climate control. The new infotainment has navi, where it was not installed/enabled on my car when I purchased it new. I got a factory build file of a 2017 mustang gt performance package MT with navi and used forscan to use that file to program the APIM and now my car thinks its a mustang and the climate control appears like jts supposed to.
grajr38
Vehicle: F-150, gas, 2.7L, 2015

Post by grajr38 »

If your dealer replaced your radio(ACM) with a newer one(no CD player?) you will have a new ESN for Sirius, the Sirius is located in the ACM. If your dealer scratched your touchscreen, I would be surprised they replaced both the APIM and FDIM(touchscreen) but it does sound like it since your pairing name is/was a F-150. As far as the wiring I had to do, I compared the wiring from my 2015 F-150 APIM and ACM to the 2020 Expedition APIM and the 2019 F-150 ACM and discovered the wiring was different between the two. Once I added the 4 wires my Sirius works great and have more channels, ones I am paying for in my package but couldn't get with my older ACM. As far as your wiring is concerned and if it is indeed needed, your dealer would need to compare your APIM connector(C2383A) wiring to the donor APIM connector, the wiring will be slightly different, and your ACM connectors(C240A and C240B) to the donor ACM, the wiring will be slightly different. This will/should hold true if indeed your dealer replaced the APIM and ACM with 2019/2020 units. The two circuits I had to add to the APIM from the ACM was VMEG1 and VMEG2 and VMEF7 and VMEF8. I am not implying this would be the same wiring changes for your situation if they are needed.
greggsg

Post by greggsg »

Thanks for the info.

Now I have to decide how important sirius is compared to having the navi in the car and the newer unit. If I go back to the dealer, he may swap out the APIM for an older one.

Or I could ask them to replace the ACM and lose the cd player that the 2016 has and I have never used.