Heated seat/wheel with remote start

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
mutrucker
Vehicle: F150, 3.5L Eco, 2018

Heated seat/wheel with remote start

Post by mutrucker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:01 am

Is there a way to program a 2018 F150 3.5L eco platinum to turn on heated seats & wheel with a remote start for both FOB & phone app (Ford Pass)? From what I've read & heard, Ford doesn't like customers having warm seats on a freezing cold morning. They'd rather leave this off & let you sit on ice cold leather.....

Not trying to get greedy, but I will.... Any chance there a way to recalibrate the temp settings for these as well? For example, instead of heated seats automatically turning on at XX degrees, I want it to automatically turn on at YY degrees. Likewise for cooled seat settings.

Thanks in advance!!!

twisterrescue
Vehicle: 2003escapeltd

Re: Heated seat/wheel with remote start

Post by twisterrescue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:40 am

JUST added remote start tonight. 2018 f 150 xlt .in IPCM module configuration it has remote start menu, remote start duration, remote start climate control ,remote start driverseat control, remote start pass.seat control , and remote start rear defrost control .ALL MUST BE ENABLED then hit write !

mutrucker

Post by mutrucker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Is that via the "easier" way of using forscan? If I recall when I first (& only time) I used forscan, there were 2 ways. An easy & a slightly harder. The slightly harder was recommended & required changing numbers/letters per a spreadsheet I downloaded. The other way was using pre-built settings.... I think. I never tried that, but will take a look this weekend if that's the case. If so, then should be pretty simple to finish this up.

Thanks again!

mutrucker

Post by mutrucker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:00 am

Did you mean the IPC or PCM? I checked both & the PCM gave me a warning, I think because of the engine tune that I have so I'll have to flash it back to stock to access it later. If it's the IPC, I did get there & did see several options on the Remote Start fields, but they were already all enabled (see attached jpg).
Attachments
IPC.JPG
IPC.JPG (121.31 KiB) Viewed 910 times

NaXus
Vehicle: Ford F-150 Lariat, 5.0L V8

Post by NaXus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:25 am

I have 2018 F 150 Lariat Special Edition and when using remote start heated seats and steering wheel always warms up as default before i enter my truck.

twisterrescue
Vehicle: 2003escapeltd

Post by twisterrescue » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 am

FORD now calls the cluster (speedo) the IPCM instrument panel control module .sorry for the confusion .the new stuff has so many modules .they now use up to 5 letters .for a module .the picture shown in this thread is the correct module .do not add control for an option you do not have AKA (heated steering wheel) as this will cause a DTC saying not equipped . the heater ac radio control panel is called the FDICM front display information control module .the radio screen is called the FDIM front display information module

mutrucker

Post by mutrucker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:20 am

So the picture I add shows that I have the correct setting to have heated seats, correct? If so, then I'm still stumped since my truck is set up & equipped properly, but the heated seats still do not turn on. My wife has a 2019 Lincoln MKC (same sync 3 setup) & she has the same issue. It's cold outside, but the auto start doesn't turn on the heated seats/wheel. Any other suggestions?

I'd rather avoid calling Ford & see what they can do since I did do a bit of "adjustments" to my truck via tune & forscan mods.