Programing mustang 2007

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
datmbn
Vehicle: mustang 2007

Programing mustang 2007

Post by datmbn » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm

When I try to program the only modul i se is IC ,but I can both read faultcods and read data and do service to any of the other modules.
How can I get access to PCM and gem

Regards Mats

Juice
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang, Coyote, MagnumXL 6spd, 404RWHP/393TQ

Re: Programing mustang 2007

Post by Juice » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Not sure I understand the question exactly. But I can tell you that you will NOT be able to program the PCM. Only read/reset DTC's, run service tests, and reset. The SJB should show up under programming function, and give you two options for programming: Module programming, and Module programming "as-built". (same with IPC)

The PCM is the module Forscan (and Ford IDS) identifies when it establishes vehicle communication. So if you see the IPC as "configurable", then I would have to say Forscan connected to your car & PCM. Why the SJB is not showing up, that is the 100K question.

Are you having any issues with the car that you are trying to fix?

Edit: just realized something, do you have MS CAN / HS CAN switch on adapter? The SJB is on the MS CAN bus, and you need an adapter that can access both busses.

datmbn
Vehicle: mustang 2007

Re: Programing mustang 2007

Post by datmbn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 am

Thanks fore the reply, the problem was that i dont get the MS CAN / HS CAN switch right, I missed thet you have to flipp the switch during program start.