FORScan, Modifications, and my experience with my 2018 F150

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
MSgtJoe
Vehicle: 2018 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost

FORScan, Modifications, and my experience with my 2018 F150

Post by MSgtJoe » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:17 pm

My current truck is a 2018 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost King Ranch. I've owned several F-150's and this one is going to be a keeper. I normally trade every 2-3 years but this truck is awesome when compared to my previous trucks. I decided to do some modifications and will be changing the rims, adding CAI and tunes, etc. So this part of the game was more eliminating annoyances than anything else. Got rid of the annoying beeps and sounds, enabled Lincoln Mirrors, disabled a few things...especially the auto start/stop.

First...a MAJOR THANKS, props, and a "tip of the hat" to Livnitup for the extensive information he has shared with the forum. Without his guide and sage advice in the forum I probably would not have dove into reprogramming my truck. My tools for this job:

Laptop: Windows x64 Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home

ODB-II Adapter: ODBLink MX Bluetooth from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006N ... UTF8&psc=1

FORScan Application

Setting up the ODBLink connection between my laptop and the truck once the ODB software was installed was very easy and after the initial set-up it would automatically connect.

Setting up FORScan was pretty simple if you read the guides first. Make sure you set up your account for this board so you can obtain the extended license which you will need. Connecting to my ODB-II adapter extremely simple.

Watched the video's created by Livnitup and they helped a lot. I made a back-up of the original configurations, and proceeded to make my modifications. Everything went very well, and so far all of the modifications I made worked. I then did a back-up of the files I made changes to in a new folder on the laptop so I will have versioning history as I make additional changes. So for example I have a folder for Original Module configuration, and a folder for Modified Modules 10212018.

I will be honest...I was sweating about doing this and almost chickened out. But after watching the video's, reading the forum information, and reading the guides I was well armed to complete this. So as we say here in Tennessee..."Don't be askeered", "getcha sum edumacation", and have fun!

Read the following, watch the video's, download the spreadsheet, and dive in:

Configuration & Programming - How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

FORScan tutorial: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8d ... xIqxY/edit

For a complete list of all the changes that can be made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=815852466

drdougkdds
Vehicle: Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost 2018

Re: FORScan, Modifications, and my experience with my 2018 F150

Post by drdougkdds » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Where are the files located? I did the backup of all the As Built modules and gave the files xxxx original names. Where does Forscan save backup .abt files? When I go to Forscan folder-->DATA all I see are .BIN files.

dmoral1
Vehicle: Escape, 2.5L, 2013

Re: FORScan, Modifications, and my experience with my 2018 F150

Post by dmoral1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:12 am

drdougkdds wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:40 pm
Where are the files located? I did the backup of all the As Built modules and gave the files xxxx original names. Where does Forscan save backup .abt files? When I go to Forscan folder-->DATA all I see are .BIN files.

It should be in your "My Documents" or "Documents" folder from your user account not the Program Folder from ForScan.