QUESTION - 2018 FORD 150 RAPTOR DAYTIME LIGHTS

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
tommybayshore
Vehicle: 2018 Ford Raptor

QUESTION - 2018 FORD 150 RAPTOR DAYTIME LIGHTS

Post by tommybayshore » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello,

I have done some searching and have not had much luck with what i'm trying to do.

I'm trying to get it so i can leave my light switch in the "auto" position all the time but during the day the only daytime running lights would be the ambers (parking lights) on the truck, basically i only want the headlights to come on automatically when it gets dark, i don't want them on all day long.

Right now i have to switch my parking lights on manually to have my ambers light up, then in the evening switch it to auto for the headlights to come on.

Just kind of a pain, would love to just set it and forget it, ambers on all the time and headlights come on at nights on their own.

Is this possible, if so what are the codes? Thanks in advance.

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Re: QUESTION - 2018 FORD 150 RAPTOR DAYTIME LIGHTS

Post by Vladsky » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:05 pm

tommybayshore wrote:Hello,

I have done some searching and have not had much luck with what i'm trying to do.

I'm trying to get it so i can leave my light switch in the "auto" position all the time but during the day the only daytime running lights would be the ambers (parking lights) on the truck, basically i only want the headlights to come on automatically when it gets dark, i don't want them on all day long.

Right now i have to switch my parking lights on manually to have my ambers light up, then in the evening switch it to auto for the headlights to come on.

Just kind of a pain, would love to just set it and forget it, ambers on all the time and headlights come on at nights on their own.

Is this possible, if so what are the codes? Thanks in advance.
It's in here - refer to Livn's spreadsheet - COMMON tab - DRL settings.

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4393

remember to enable DRL in the IPC.

AND - be Aware of how DRL's work in Auto - truck cannot be in Park!

Vlad

tommybayshore
Vehicle: 2018 Ford Raptor

Post by tommybayshore » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Vlad,

Thanks.

So i saw the spreadsheet...

Is it this item?
DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)

Then i got confused about the DRL in the IPC, i saw that IPC tab with a ton of info/codes in it, not sure what im looking for?

Last, what do you mean the truck cannot be in park?

Thanks and sorry, just trying to learn this.

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Post by Vladsky » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:14 pm

tommybayshore wrote:
Thanks.

So i saw the spreadsheet...

Is it this item?
DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
Yep. EXCEPT yer Amber outline is NOT bright enough fer DRL in full daylight. You essentially have the same heads as 15-17 F150's with very weak amber outlines (2018 F150 NON-Raptor fixed this). So - also select Turn-signals, or Fogs (if ye have 'em), or even low beam (will be reduced output via PWM). Otherwise you will effectively have NO useful DRL at all.

Also note, the PARK lights selection means the rear tail RED outlines will be on too - that's a Good Thing fer max visibility, in my book. Only way I'll roll. Never did understand DRL without addressing REAR visibility enhancement in daylight :roll:

Then i got confused about the DRL in the IPC, i saw that IPC tab with a ton of info/codes in it, not sure what im looking for?
SEE Lines 44 to 48 in the COMMON tab. You need to confirm yer IPC cluster control settings fer DRL are both visible and enabled.
Last, what do you mean the truck cannot be in park?
For this one - RTFM :mrgreen: (yer Owner's Guide, Lighting section). DRL functionality only works when headlight switch is in 'AUTO', AND the Truck is NOT in PARK (yer selected DRL lamp choice turns OFF if it IS).

Hence - when you go to check yer settings change actually worked - it will NOT work if yer resting in PARK. Truck running, on Level ground, chock the wheels, Set the park brake, put in Neutral, get out and look. And Try not to run yerself over :mrgreen:

BTW - remember to clear all DTC's Before ye start any changes. And also when all done, Force Reset the BCM via the Wrench icon.

Oh yah - BACKUPS FIRST - ALL modules.

Vlad

Abdullah
Vehicle: 2017 F150 Raptor

Post by Abdullah » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 am

I have it setup the same way you want it. Vlad covered everything I did and more. So only thing to add .. good luck.