Acm problem after 4 to 8 inch upgrade

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
fiestaecoboost
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost

Acm problem after 4 to 8 inch upgrade

Post by fiestaecoboost » Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 am

Hey guys.
After upgrade of my sync 4" system i have a problem with the sound on calls etc.
I have tried changing the as built data, but it just says that it can't write the blocks. And it only has one block called
727-01-01 XXXX

I tried to install another acm module from a focus built with sync2/MFT and I worked shortly. But after 3 minutes, everything went back to normal.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance :)

consp
Vehicle: Fiesta 125hp 2017 (My13.25 Mk7.5, With EU Sync3)

Re: Acm problem after 4 to 8 inch upgrade

Post by consp » Mon May 27, 2019 9:14 am

I have the same problem. It seems that after a while the configuration is read from somewhere (IPC/BCM?) and no sound is coming through on pins 3/4 of the APIM and 8/21 on the ACM. I have to check if any sound is being send or it is completely muted. I'm going to investigate if changing settings on the BCM/IPC is going to have some effect but I am not sure.

The microphone is working though, and is being send though.

My idea is the following:

The original sync 1 systems (4") is only sending alerts over the mono sound link, but the Sync2/3 is also sending the call info over it and it is being muted somehow and the ACM is not doing this correctly.

fiestaecoboost
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost

Post by fiestaecoboost » Tue May 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Consp.

Sorry for my late reply.

I actually solved this issue a while ago. In my case the ACM module i cut the wire for acc. power.
It seems like the SYNC 1 system needs a acc. power supply signal for the ACM but not for a SYNC 2/3 System. Hope this helps you out.

consp

Post by consp » Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 pm

fiestaecoboost wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:50 pm
Hi Consp.

Sorry for my late reply.

I actually solved this issue a while ago. In my case the ACM module i cut the wire for acc. power.
It seems like the SYNC 1 system needs a acc. power supply signal for the ACM but not for a SYNC 2/3 System. Hope this helps you out.
Hi,

Which wire did you cut? (do you remember the pin?). Mine only has vbatt (pin 1) and vpower (pin 3).

The sync 3 module only outputs on L/R singals and not the MONO output (alert on some systems). Connecting R+ with MONO+ and R- with MONO- I now have sound when using bluetooth (though not the best).

Note: this is only phone/voice as the other sounds are not blocked by the ACM on L/R. This is probably only a problem with the 5" nav to sync2/3 upgrade.

infraredmidget
Vehicle: ford focus 1.6 ecoboost 2012

Post by infraredmidget » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Did upgrade from base 2-line radio to Sync 3 and I had to change out acm too. Everything else is working now except the acm. I am gettign DTC u2101 "Configuration Incompatibility" from acm and media audio from sync 3 does not work. Reading acm with Forscan shows only 727-01-01 0030. Is acm reading some configuration from APIM or BCM and deciding that it does not match and just goes to some kind of error mode?

I think acc power might mean vpower in pin 3 as the new acm did not have this connected when I got it and I did not connect it. My original acm had it connected.

Edit: After translating some russian ford sites, it seems like some parameters are read from central configuration. I will continue experimenting with different values in areas that might affect acm.

consp

Post by consp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 pm

infraredmidget wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 pm
Edit: After translating some russian ford sites, it seems like some parameters are read from central configuration. I will continue experimenting with different values in areas that might affect acm.
Yes, I figured out as much but haven't found the 'correct' setting to get it all working.

Currently only nav sounds fail for me and the settings are "04 - high level' for in car entertainment and "09 - 8inch with nav touchscreen" for Touchscreen and 09 for bluetooth if I remember correctly. Though some settings give "Incompatlble" in the ACM or the BCM

Let me know what you find.

infraredmidget
Vehicle: ford focus 1.6 ecoboost 2012

Post by infraredmidget » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:27 pm

I have made some progress. I got the "media audio" working on my sync 3. Acm is still giving me the U2101 error and I can't edit its As-Built parameters.

My APIM is not a navigation unit so I don't know if nav sounds are coming though. I think it should use alert/mono audio output for that, which I do have working. Audio from my phone sounds bit flat compared to original acm but it might just be wrong speaker or EQ parameter in as-built.

I used Focccus to change CC settings in both IPC and BCM. Below is listed changes that I made.

112 - In car entertainment High level CD AM/FM
154 – Accessory USB without
157 – bluetooth Handsfree without
172 – Front Display DM8 w/o nav
214 – Integrated Control Panel extended sync w/o nav

It might be something to do with DAB settings as it is enabled in the new acm and some russians had success with enabling it. Another thing is Sirius data line between ACM and APIM (SDL+/-). I haven't connected it as I don't have any use for satellite radio but new acm had wires for it in 26 pin connector at places 6 and 19.

consp

Post by consp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:45 am

infraredmidget wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:27 pm
My APIM is not a navigation unit so I don't know if nav sounds are coming though. I think it should use alert/mono audio output for that, which I do have working. Audio from my phone sounds bit flat compared to original acm but it might just be wrong speaker or EQ parameter in as-built.
I expect that too, I have it working as well but no nav sounds. The sound is 'muted' but no audio signal is being send by the APIM, but at least the phone is working on that signal so it is not the audio signal generator or the ACM not working.
I used Focccus to change CC settings in both IPC and BCM. Below is listed changes that I made.

112 - In car entertainment High level CD AM/FM
154 – Accessory USB without
157 – bluetooth Handsfree without
172 – Front Display DM8 w/o nav
214 – Integrated Control Panel extended sync w/o nav

It might be something to do with DAB settings as it is enabled in the new acm and some russians had success with enabling it. Another thing is Sirius data line between ACM and APIM (SDL+/-). I haven't connected it as I don't have any use for satellite radio but new acm had wires for it in 26 pin connector at places 6 and 19.
I'm in Europe and have the DAB working so that should be ok. I also connected the SDL+/- since they are in the original wire drawings and do not have a 'only in USA' marking around them but it does not seem to make a lot of difference. Maybe something with the traffic data in Europe but I haven't checked it yet. I do only have a somewhat 'older' acm but it has the same manufacturing markings as some of the sync 3 versions, maybe this is different in our case.

112 - In car entertainment High level CD AM/FM <- same for me
154 – Accessory USB without <- same for me
157 – bluetooth Handsfree without <- I'll change that this weekend and see what happens
172 – Front Display DM8 w/o nav <- same for me
214 – Integrated Control Panel extended sync w/o nav <- I have a different panel (Fiesta instead of Focus), but it does not seem to matter.

As far as I know the ACM only collects the stuff from the CC and not from the APIM but I am not 100% sure.

consp

Post by consp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm

tried changing the bluetooth settings and got phone audio to not work again. After setting it back to known working settings it worked again.

In my case calls work with "157 – bluetooth Handsfree without" and "G2/3" (option 09 I thought). Option G1 will fail audio as it expects it not on the mono but on the Main channel which is incorrectly output by the APIM to the mono channel.

I might try one more thing to check if the APIM is outputting the nav sounds to mono in the "non working bluetooth" an see if any output occurs but I didn't have a multimeter at hand today.

Otherwise I guess I'll try updating the APIM again to the latest firmware and hope it resets the incorrect settings. I also got my hands on a VCM-like device and might check if the engineering mode on IDS might give some insight.

Yansel
Vehicle: Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2.3L 2017

Post by Yansel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 pm

after upgrade I had trouble with audio, volume wouldn't be as loud as before, bluetooth audio messed up with calls. Got it solved with these values.

try this ACM values:

727-01-01 920x xxxx xxx
727-01-02 x300 xx