Helpful links on As Built configuration and programming

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Snowman89
Vehicle: 2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW 6.7 Power Stroke

Re: Helpful links on As Built configuration and programming

Post by Snowman89 »

Is there a data sheet for the 2016 range expedition or one that works for it ? The document from link above when open says it’s been deleted ? I’ve read could use a f150 as built configuration? Thanks
yrsbaby@gmail.com
Vehicle: ford expedition 5.3l 2014

Post by yrsbaby@gmail.com »

Yeah, great if you have a log-in or want to spend $2700 for it...then that defeats the purpose of being able to program yourself...unless there is something I am missing, or if anyone would like to share their log-in....can't wait for right to repair becomes law
Orchid70
Vehicle: Ford Transit VII 2,2 TDCi, -11

Post by Orchid70 »

Im totally new to Ford stuff =)
I got a nearby neighbour in today, with a car she wants to try to salvage. A load of problems but the biggest problem was SRS fault code B1342 - airbag ECU. I erased it and the fault code did not come back - but the SRS light remains lit.
So in case I would need to change the RCM (as I have found out its called =) - I do have Forscan, and have purchased an ELM for it before.
This AsBuilt stuff is also new to me =)
So - have I understood it correct - I need to find the correct AsBuilt info for the car? From where? Or can I save it from the car incase its possible to connect to it?
I have found the USA located Motorcraft Service site (Im in Sweden) - but the information there is only a list of 9 different PCM's and 3 BCE's without any module info other than addresses: 52-01 / 58-01 / 60-01
Ford Focus mk1
VIN: WF0NXXGCDNXJ82790

Thanks
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

Orchid70 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 pm
Im totally new to Ford stuff =)
I got a nearby neighbour in today, with a car she wants to try to salvage. A load of problems but the biggest problem was SRS fault code B1342 - airbag ECU. I erased it and the fault code did not come back - but the SRS light remains lit.
So in case I would need to change the RCM (as I have found out its called =) - I do have Forscan, and have purchased an ELM for it before.
This AsBuilt stuff is also new to me =)
So - have I understood it correct - I need to find the correct AsBuilt info for the car? From where? Or can I save it from the car incase its possible to connect to it?
I have found the USA located Motorcraft Service site (Im in Sweden) - but the information there is only a list of 9 different PCM's and 3 BCE's without any module info other than addresses: 52-01 / 58-01 / 60-01
Ford Focus mk1
VIN: WF0NXXGCDNXJ82790

Thanks
This link is for early ford trucks and gives a list of the module addresses of vehicles up to the 2003MY. It downloads a PDF document with some module parameters! https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... GOgb3twumM

DTC B1342 thrown by any Module usually means module failure or loss of configuration.

The address in the Asbuilt you found are, 52-01 Generic/Smart Junction Module(Gem). this is the early version of the BCM which also contains the fuse box, 58-01 RCM or Restraints Control module(RCM). The one you are Probably most concerned with and 60-01 Instrument Cluster(ICM). Depending on your module tree Configuration these should show in a good ELM327 based Adapter in Forscan on the PWM Network or the ISO network.

Hopefully this is of some help?
Orchid70

Post by Orchid70 »

tractmec wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:11 am

This link is for early ford trucks and gives a list of the module addresses of vehicles up to the 2003MY. It downloads a PDF document with some module parameters! https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... GOgb3twumM

DTC B1342 thrown by any Module usually means module failure or loss of configuration.

The address in the Asbuilt you found are, 52-01 Generic/Smart Junction Module(Gem). this is the early version of the BCM which also contains the fuse box, 58-01 RCM or Restraints Control module(RCM). The one you are Probably most concerned with and 60-01 Instrument Cluster(ICM). Depending on your module tree Configuration these should show in a good ELM327 based Adapter in Forscan on the PWM Network or the ISO network.

Hopefully this is of some help?
Wow!! Thank you Dearest!! These abbreviations are so different to what Im used to =)
I used Autocom, reading it at first - because she was sitting next to me and thats what Im used to. After errasing the fault code - the SRS light remained lit but no fault codes present. Then I took out Forscan and ELM. But could not see "SRS" anywhere. But later realized its called RCM. But there was no fault codes in Forscan either.
The SRS light came on after a drive when she pulled up at home.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

Wow!! Thank you Dearest!! These abbreviations are so different to what Im used to =)
I used Autocom, reading it at first - because she was sitting next to me and thats what Im used to. After errasing the fault code - the SRS light remained lit but no fault codes present. Then I took out Forscan and ELM. But could not see "SRS" anywhere. But later realized its called RCM. But there was no fault codes in Forscan either.
The SRS light came on after a drive when she pulled up at home.
Are you saying that you don't see the RCM in the Forscan Configuration tab or in the Module Tab under the Main Menu Car Icon, or do you mean that the RCM Lists none in the DTC Icon list after Clearing the DTC's but the Airbag or Seat belt light or both stays on in the Instrument Cluster?
Orchid70

Post by Orchid70 »

I did not know that SRS was called RCM - so Im not sure if it was listed.
But there was no fault codes listed either in Forscan or in Autocom after I erazed the DTC. BUT in the same time the SRS light was lit in the Instrument Cluster.
I will get the car back to me and will be able to get better answers later on. Though - it was strange to have no DTCs and SRS light on in Instrument Cluster, in the same time.
I do remember seen it before - in a Renault..... erazed fault code on SRS - turning off ignition, then turning on engine and the warning light still on in the Cluster - but no fault codes. Car owner driving off - and he managed to fix the fault by him self when he knew where the fault was located and the warning light went off. It was a Renault from 2000. But same thing there: no DTCs and SRS warning light lit - at same time.
aluzjunior
Vehicle: Ford Fusion Titanium AWD

Post by aluzjunior »

Hi, thank you for all you support.
I tried to do some mods with forscan in my 2016 Fusion Hybrid. Auto folding mirrors, cornering lights and tild down working fine,
But digital speedometer and TPMS display isnt working.
I did this mods last year on my 2015 AWD and worked.
Aisleofview
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Platinum 2017

Post by Aisleofview »

might help some with programming
http://www.tmp51886.atomnet.pl/APIM.php
janding34
Vehicle: Explorer, Sport 2018

Post by janding34 »

Anyone know how to change 2018 explorer front turn signals into turn + parking lights? The stock bulb is dual filament and the 2019s have it enabled so I'm certain there's a way to do it but haven't figured it out.