Ford As Built Data Deciphering

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
ClockWorK
Vehicle: 2015 Taurus SHO pp

Re: Ford As Built Data Deciphering

Post by ClockWorK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm

guerra_334 wrote:Alright thank you. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Does it make a difference that under my data 3 I have 3f2b instead of a 3dxx? Does it also matter that I get an error saying adapter CAN bus compatibility error?
The CAN bus error sounds like something to be concerned about.

Also, I'm pretty sure FORScan has the AWD gauge option in it somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong.

Do one change at a time. Only try changing the part that's related to the gauge. If it doesn't work, just change it back. I only have a '13 SHO to play with so it's possible some other bit may need to be changed depending on the year.

But that CAN bus error. I don't know if I would proceed without first getting that resolved.
2015 Taurus SHO (pp), AWD Gauge Enabled, Engine Hours Enabled, DRLs Enabled, Sync2-to-Sync3.
AsBuilt Compare Tool: http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_A ... mpare.aspx

guerra_334
Vehicle: 2015 taurus SHO 3.5l ecoboost

Post by guerra_334 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:43 pm

ClockWorK wrote:
guerra_334 wrote:Alright thank you. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Does it make a difference that under my data 3 I have 3f2b instead of a 3dxx? Does it also matter that I get an error saying adapter CAN bus compatibility error?
The CAN bus error sounds like something to be concerned about.

Also, I'm pretty sure FORScan has the AWD gauge option in it somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong.

Do one change at a time. Only try changing the part that's related to the gauge. If it doesn't work, just change it back. I only have a '13 SHO to play with so it's possible some other bit may need to be changed depending on the year.

But that CAN bus error. I don't know if I would proceed without first getting that resolved.

Could the CAN bus error be related to a setting from the obdlink adapter or something ? Maybe a setting, I just got it out the box and plugged it in. Not really exactly sure if any connection setting have to be changed. In the FORscan has the IPC module not by As built but when I open that part it's just a blank screen.

guerra_334
Vehicle: 2015 taurus SHO 3.5l ecoboost

Post by guerra_334 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Hey clockwork, I got it to work added the AWD gauge and the engine hours. Thank you. I changed the 8 to a B and the 0 to a 3 and followed through after the checksum error and FORscan did the rest. Thank you again.

Do you happen to know what needs to change in the APIM to activate the navigation?

EDIT: so I've read through the xda 85 page forum and I think navigation is above my skill level I can do the switch in FORscan but idk about the whole license and esn and SD card stuff... So I'll leave that alone for now.
Could you point me in the direction of adding the climate to the right hand side of the IC ? I haven't found much on this other than some older SHO's came with it from factory.

Mister_MK5
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo MK5, 2.0 EB 240, 2016

Post by Mister_MK5 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 am

Remote Start

To activate Remote Start, first you need a new key fob with start button (part # DS7T-15K601-EF or newer for Mondeo with 433 MHz).

Programming keys
Determine the backup slot of the passive key.
Place the first programmed key in the backup slot. Press the START / STOP button.
Wait for 5 seconds, then press the START / STOP button.
Extract the first programmed passive key.
Within 10 seconds, place the second programmed passive key in the backup slot, then press the START / STOP button.
Wait for 5 seconds, then press the STOP-STOP button.
Extract the second programmed key.
Wait 5 seconds, then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup slot and press the START / STOP button.

After the procedure is completed, if everything was done correctly, the engine will be started if the passive key is in the backup slot, the buttons will not work on the key.

Now use Forscan to change the asbuilt-data

IPC
720-02-02 0000 X000
add 1 = Passenger Seat
add 2 = RS on
add 4 = Driver Seat
add 8 = Climate Settings
720-02-02 0000 0X00
add 8 = Rear Defrost
add 4 = Heatet Steering Wheel
Brings up options in settings-menu

BCM
726-22-02 000X 0000 0000
add 1 = RS on

RTM
751-01-01 0X00 0000
set to 1 = RS off
set to 2 = RS on

After writing back the new values, you have to do a manual reset of the three modules (or remove battery for a while). After reseting RTM the original keys won't work anymore (beside in backup slot), but now you can use the new key to open / close / start and remote start the car.
To switch back to default keys, just set RTM back to 1 and do a reset.

cantaloop
Vehicle: S-Max, 2.0 TDCI 180HP, 2016

Post by cantaloop » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Is this possible with a manual gearbox too?

nicholas9543
Vehicle: Explorer, 4.6l 3v, 2010

Post by nicholas9543 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:15 am

sheltonfilms wrote:
complexx wrote:Hi, just read through almost every post in this thread. It seems many people are simply trying to determine what code is tied to what function. Is there not a master list for each vehicle? I would imagine that this list exists and would answer a lot of questions. Or is it more complicated when you have 2 vehicles with different options sharing the same codes for different functions based on the options.

Is everyone really just turning things on and off until they find the right code to modify?
It appears there is always someone on each individual forum (F150, Explorer, etc) that is keeping a list.

Here are a few:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =815852466
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-y ... 6_Explorer
Does anyone have any as built information on the 2010 ford explorer? I'm just getting used to this utility. :D

Domingo
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci diesel 2015

Post by Domingo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Mister_MK5 wrote:Remote Start

To activate Remote Start, first you need a new key fob with start button (part # DS7T-15K601-EF or newer for Mondeo with 433 MHz).

Programming keys
Determine the backup slot of the passive key.
Place the first programmed key in the backup slot. Press the START / STOP button.
Wait for 5 seconds, then press the START / STOP button.
Extract the first programmed passive key.
Within 10 seconds, place the second programmed passive key in the backup slot, then press the START / STOP button.
Wait for 5 seconds, then press the STOP-STOP button.
Extract the second programmed key.
Wait 5 seconds, then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup slot and press the START / STOP button.

After the procedure is completed, if everything was done correctly, the engine will be started if the passive key is in the backup slot, the buttons will not work on the key.

Now use Forscan to change the asbuilt-data

IPC
720-02-02 0000 X000
add 1 = Passenger Seat
add 2 = RS on
add 4 = Driver Seat
add 8 = Climate Settings
720-02-02 0000 0X00
add 8 = Rear Defrost
add 4 = Heatet Steering Wheel
Brings up options in settings-menu

BCM
726-22-02 000X 0000 0000
add 1 = RS on

RTM
751-01-01 0X00 0000
set to 1 = RS off
set to 2 = RS on

After writing back the new values, you have to do a manual reset of the three modules (or remove battery for a while). After reseting RTM the original keys won't work anymore (beside in backup slot), but now you can use the new key to open / close / start and remote start the car.
To switch back to default keys, just set RTM back to 1 and do a reset.
Hello, is it possible to remote start the Mondeo mk 5 with manual gearbox?
regards
Domingo

petertrementozzi
Vehicle: 2011 lincoln MKX 3.7 V6

Post by petertrementozzi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I have a 2011 lincoln MKX and am trying to enable nav and a back up camera I bought an apim and 8" screen from a 2016 ford fusion. with the same options do I just need to change the vin number to get it to work?

tigerpro357
Vehicle: 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Post by tigerpro357 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Was there ever a document that's relative to the Taurus made? I found one for Fusions but most of the bits appear to be different from what I have found while testing with my '13 SEL, I was able to activate AWD guage, Nav, Backup Cam (need to get one now) set the chimes to go through the radio speakers (sounds more appealing that way) and so.etching called dark mode which from what I can tell turns the screens in the gauge cluster off when you turn off the ignition. I would like to enable a couple other features but trying to compare a fusion to a Taurus is like trying to compare an apple to a orange

FiveLeeter918
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Post by FiveLeeter918 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Good afternoon all, stumbled upon this post while looking for ForScan mods for my 2013 Ford Taurus SHO. My car is a PP with the 401a technology package, so most of the hacks that I found I already have.

I am especially interested in the AWD monitor, and would love to view the TPMS individually but from what I am ready it is only for 2015+? Bummer.

I tried the code change in the the first couple of posts, but could not get the changes to take effect. I get an error upon trying to write the code. Any ideas?
20180111_122443.jpg
20180111_122443.jpg (570.19 KiB) Viewed 7186 times
- Lee

2013 Taurus SHO PP
AWD gauge, EQ presets, Nav in Motion, Double Honk Deactivated, Signal Flash increased to 5, Engine hours enabled, DRLs enabled