Ford As Built Data Deciphering

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
ThatOneDude
Vehicle: 2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V 4WD

Re: Ford As Built Data Deciphering

Post by ThatOneDude »

Mustang5L5 wrote: SO I tested this out tonight on my '14 Taurus Limited, and strangely enough it did not work. Keep getting the error "incompatible configuration"

Just to conform

720-01-02 xxxx xxxX xxxx

X = 0 engine hours disabled
X = 3 engine hours enabled.

Not working for me
If that's the correct location, it also depends on the initial value. You're working in hex, but keep in mind that the data is stored as bits. If the initial value is 0, then 3 is ok. But if the initial value is 8, you'll want B. In this particular case, you can just add the 3 to whatever value is already in that location, keeping in mind hex.
1996 Lincoln Town Car (For Sale)
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (For Sale)
2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab 5.4L 3V 4WD
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (For Sale)
2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V 4WD
ClockWorK
Vehicle: 2015 Taurus SHO pp

Post by ClockWorK »

When do you receive the error?
After programming the module, is it showing "invalid configuration" in one of the modules?

(i just want to make sure you're not talking about the checksum warning)

Also, FORScan might have the Engine Hours option available in the other module programming screen. Can't remember what that screen/tab is called off the top of my head.
2015 Taurus SHO (pp), AWD Gauge Enabled, Engine Hours Enabled, DRLs Enabled, Sync2-to-Sync3.
AsBuilt Compare Tool: http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_A ... mpare.aspx
Mustang5L5
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Taurus 3.5L FWD

Post by Mustang5L5 »

ClockWorK wrote:When do you receive the error?
After programming the module, is it showing "invalid configuration" in one of the modules?

(i just want to make sure you're not talking about the checksum warning)

Also, FORScan might have the Engine Hours option available in the other module programming screen. Can't remember what that screen/tab is called off the top of my head.
Looked through the other tabs but I didn't see it. I'll check again.

Here are my values for that particular line.

720-01-02 88FC 40F0 3D1B

I only changed the "F0" to "F3" and let forscan change the checksum. I hit write, I get the checksum warning and proceed through it, and about 50% of the way through the write process I get the "Service function interrupted - invalid configuration" error (or some variant of that type of wording)
ClockWorK

Post by ClockWorK »

That's weird that it stops in the middle. I've used FORScan to program things that weren't compatible with my car, and it's never stopped me in the middle.

Maybe that's something new in FORScan. But I'm not sure.
2015 Taurus SHO (pp), AWD Gauge Enabled, Engine Hours Enabled, DRLs Enabled, Sync2-to-Sync3.
Mustang5L5
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Taurus 3.5L FWD

Post by Mustang5L5 »

ClockWorK wrote:That's weird that it stops in the middle. I've used FORScan to program things that weren't compatible with my car, and it's never stopped me in the middle.

Maybe that's something new in FORScan. But I'm not sure.

It's the same error I got when I tried some of the values you sent me to enable my climate screen in my IPC.

I'll try it again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried it twice on two different occasions just changing the one digit from 0 to 3 and still get that error. I was able to change many other things without issue.
02lincls
Vehicle: 02 Lincoln LS 3.9V8

Post by 02lincls »

I have a 14 fusion titanium that came with HD radio, but pressing the hd button on the screen does nothing... the button presses then unpresses without lighting up orange. Through some digging, I found that some acm modules may have been configured incorrectly from the factory. I'm hoping that someone with a 14 fusion with sony can paste in their ACM module's as-built data to check against mine. Thanks Guys
guerra_334
Vehicle: 2015 taurus SHO 3.5l ecoboost

Post by guerra_334 »

hey guys im new to all this, ive been trying to figure this out for some time but i cant get it to work i keep getting the checksum error. im trying to get the AWD gauge and the engine hours. ive got some pictures, any help is appreciated. the car is a 2015 taurus sho pp. the obdii adapter is the obdlink mx scantool. ive tried changing the 8 to a B but i get the checksum error. TIA
Attachments
wal3.jpg
wal3.jpg (260.59 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
wal6.jpg
wal6.jpg (219.13 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
wal4.jpg
wal4.jpg (211.65 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
wal2.jpg
wal2.jpg (131.46 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
wal1.jpg
wal1.jpg (207.06 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
ClockWorK

Post by ClockWorK »

If all you received is a checksum error, just proceed and FORScan will correct the checksum when it writes to the module.
guerra_334
Vehicle: 2015 taurus SHO 3.5l ecoboost

Post by guerra_334 »

Alright thank you. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Does it make a difference that under my data 3 I have 3f2b instead of a 3dxx? Does it also matter that I get an error saying adapter CAN bus compatibility error?
02lincls
Vehicle: 02 Lincoln LS 3.9V8

Post by 02lincls »

02lincls wrote:I have a 14 fusion titanium that came with HD radio, but pressing the hd button on the screen does nothing... the button presses then unpresses without lighting up orange. Through some digging, I found that some acm modules may have been configured incorrectly from the factory. I'm hoping that someone with a 14 fusion with sony can paste in their ACM module's as-built data to check against mine. Thanks Guys
Ended up figuring this out by searching autotrader for identicle optioned vehicle and using their vin numbers to get the as-built data for the ACM module.

acmcomparo.JPG
acmcomparo.JPG (49.6 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
I changed only the 727-01-01 line from 18A0 to 10A0 and HD radio fired right up.
Last edited by 02lincls on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.