Ford As Built Data Deciphering

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Kingsammy
Vehicle: Galaxy, Duratorq-Turbo Diesel 2.0 L/182 kW, 2015

Re: Ford As Built Data Deciphering

Post by Kingsammy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Yes ClockWork, great job. Thank you very much. And with editable 'ModuleList.txt'.

complexx
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport, 3.5TT, 2016

Post by complexx » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi, just read through almost every post in this thread. It seems many people are simply trying to determine what code is tied to what function. Is there not a master list for each vehicle? I would imagine that this list exists and would answer a lot of questions. Or is it more complicated when you have 2 vehicles with different options sharing the same codes for different functions based on the options.

Is everyone really just turning things on and off until they find the right code to modify?

sheltonfilms
Vehicle: 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5L Gas USA / 2013 Explorer LMT

Post by sheltonfilms » Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 am

complexx wrote:Hi, just read through almost every post in this thread. It seems many people are simply trying to determine what code is tied to what function. Is there not a master list for each vehicle? I would imagine that this list exists and would answer a lot of questions. Or is it more complicated when you have 2 vehicles with different options sharing the same codes for different functions based on the options.

Is everyone really just turning things on and off until they find the right code to modify?
It appears there is always someone on each individual forum (F150, Explorer, etc) that is keeping a list.

Here are a few:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =815852466
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-y ... 6_Explorer

Tank
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Mustang GT350 - 5.2 Ti-VCT, 526 hp

Post by Tank » Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Clockwork,

Your updates worked, thanks for the quick turnaround! Would you have a resource where I can learn more about interpreting the "Perfect Bits".

ClockWorK
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus SHO pp

Post by ClockWorK » Tue May 02, 2017 4:50 pm

The concept of the 'Deducer' and perfect bits is to try to correlate Vehicle Features with bits in the AsBuilt data.
The program first breaks the list down into vehicles with and without the feature you are investigating.
From there, the program looks for a bit that is always a 1 on the vehicles with the feature, and always a zero on the vehicles without the feature. Or vice-versa. If it finds one, that is a 'perfect bit'. It means, "go try changing this bit and see if it does what you want".

There can be false positives though, just due to coincidental similarities. Like you want to find the perfect bit for Nav. It's possible that every VIN you downloaded with Nav also has a backup camera, for example. So the backup camera bit would also show up as a 'perfect bit'. The more vehicles in the Deducer list, the more accurate the deduction will be and fewer coincidental false positives.

I think it's best to compare vehicles from the same year whenever possible. Because sometimes the name of a feature changes. 2013 might call it 'Nav' while 2014 might call it 'Navigation System", etc.

Also, there's probably a forum somewhere for Mustang guys modifying their AsBuilt data.

Now if only there was a Taurus forum where people were doing this stuff.
2013 Taurus SHO (pp), AWD Gauge Enabled, Engine Hours Enabled, Nav Enabled in APIM and IPC, DRLs Enabled
AsBuilt Compare Tool: http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_A ... mpare.aspx

buckyswider
Vehicle: 2011 Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Post by buckyswider » Wed May 17, 2017 10:34 pm

sheltonfilms wrote:
complexx wrote:Hi, just read through almost every post in this thread. It seems many people are simply trying to determine what code is tied to what function. Is there not a master list for each vehicle? I would imagine that this list exists and would answer a lot of questions. Or is it more complicated when you have 2 vehicles with different options sharing the same codes for different functions based on the options.

It appears there is always someone on each individual forum (F150, Explorer, etc) that is keeping a list.

Here are a few:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =815852466
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-y ... 6_Explorer
Where are these individual forums, and is there one for Escape/Mariner? Answer the 2nd question first please :D

If an entry is not there already I'd like to contribute, as I just enabled the rear view camera on my 2010 Mariner, and I'd also like to see if there's any other cool stuff I may want to change...

thanks!

jonm61
Vehicle: Explorer, 3.5L TiVCT, 2013

Post by jonm61 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 am

ClockWorK wrote:This will take a little time. I'll probably need to grab between 50 and 100 Explorer and PIU VINs.

You may have to flip more than one bit. In my Taurus, it's 720-01-02, bits 30 and 31 I believe.
I asked the dealer about turning it on, and they weren't sure it was possible. I did a little more digging, and for the Explorer, there are multiple IPCs, same part# with different letter suffixes, so that may explain and/or complicate things.

Francky591
Vehicle: Ford Mustang 2015, 435hp

Post by Francky591 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:35 pm

omar302 wrote:I already posted this on XDA but looking maybe someone here can help, I am trying to enable RDS (Radio Data System) on my 2011 Lincoln MKX, it is an export model for the GCC market. I was able to compare as built data from a US model with the same options and found out that the ACM as built data "727-04-01" if changed to the US model will enable RDS to my car & the station names will start to appear, but, I lose the even number radio frequencies which we use here in Qatar (FM 103.4, 103.6 ...etc).

My As built data (without RDS, with all frequencies enables): 727-04-01 is 0103 0239
US As built data (with RDS, with only odd number frequencies): 727-04-01 is 0001 0135

Changing the "01" to "00" from the first part makes the changes (RDS working but with US frequencies only) i.e. changing "0103" to "0003". Tried different random numbers, but they all made it work as the per the US version (with RDS with US frequencies). Need a way to get RDS with all frequencies enabled.

Can someone help in what values I can try for 727-04-01 perhaps I can get both, RDS & all frequencies?
Hello,
I am in the same case of you.
did you have an answers at the question : RDS europe + All Frequencies ?
Thank you :)

Todd Ector
Vehicle: 2004 F150 XLT , 5.4 3v sohc 300hp

Post by Todd Ector » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:34 am

I will share what I have discovered on the 2008-2012 Panther platform cars, some of which may apply to the 2006 and 07 models too.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19DRf6 ... pIgNubO0IM

Spootcat
Vehicle: Taurus SHO 3.5 2016

Post by Spootcat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I added the AWD module and engine hours gauges. Some other odd things came up as a result. One, there's the little speed limit indicator that shows up in my nav pane now that wasn't there before, and, one of my left side gauges (miles remaining maybe) used to have an RPM gauge along with the fuel gauge, the RPM is now gone, just fuel. I have seen a pic where someone posted their AWD screen and it has the RPM gauge, I'd like that. Any ideas? Played with the DRL setting in that module, but these were the only IPC changes made.

Here are the settings I updated:
720-01-02 8AF8 6F70 3DC8 (OEM)
720-01-02 BAF8 6F73 3DFB (MOD)

The 8 to B enabled the AWD screen, the 3 in the second data block enabled the hours count screen. Any clues as to how to enable the RPM gauge, or why the speed limit indicator came on?

Also, there are two gear indicator icons, a big one in the tach cluster and a smaller one that sits in the lower shaded area where the odometer is. Any way to make the smaller one permanently on?

2016 Taurus SHO

Cheers!
Spootcat
Attachments
New_Dash_Indicator.png
New_Dash_Indicator.png (217.8 KiB) Viewed 9572 times