How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
FORScan
Site Admin

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by FORScan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:15 am

radkor wrote: "The air bag control module can be reset, using WDS, and used for up to five collisions in which the air bags deployed."
Could you please look further in this option eventually in the future?
Interesting... ok we will look into it and post here.

radkor
Vehicle: Mondeo MkIII Duratec HE 1.8

Post by radkor » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:10 am

FORScan wrote:ok we will look into it and post here.
Thanks! :)

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:31 am

Please check PM

ovideatza
Vehicle: Ford Focus Mk1 2002 1.8TDDI 90HP

Post by ovideatza » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Hello.

Although is not about CC, I will post here.

I tested on Focus Mk2.5 (2008-2010) programming function on GEM module today:

(Sorry about the language, but you understand the idea)

I know is a new feature for FORScan.
But I hope in time FORScan will be able to modify all the options that can now be modified by using ELMConfig. I consider FORScan a more stable program.
Now very few characteristics can be modified on Focus 2 (despite that in Focus 3 I can see many features available).

If you need help, I can test on Focus Mk2.5 (06.2008 Titanium) and Focus 1.5 (2002 facelift, using a Mondeo GEM for multiple options). Unfortunately, I don't own an IDS to restore my car to working condition, so I can test only safe procedures (not involving posibility to need module reprogramming).

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 am

Yes number of available FF2 parameters is much less than in ELMConfig, for now. ELMConfig is specialized software for FF2, FORScan is designed for all Ford and Mazda models. In any case, we will add more parameters piece by piece.

ithinku
Vehicle: Mazda Mazda3

Post by ithinku » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 pm

satria_wr wrote:I have several mazda as built. If you want, i can email it to you.

YES, I need it. thank you very much.
MY email:jay671127@gmail.com

benlatak
Vehicle: FORD Fiesta ST182

Post by benlatak » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Hello. Just program successfully the auto locking door function on my 2015 Fiesta ST (Euro version).

Now, I will try with cruise control but for the moment, I need to buy the cruise control command et the steering wheel trim.

PS : I am french, sorry for my english.

luca.costantino
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 2014 GPL

Post by luca.costantino » Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 am

you can activate the cruise control in the ECU even if you still don't have the buttons...

pietr
Vehicle: Fiesta 2007, Fiesta 2013

Post by pietr » Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 pm

I changed the central config on my 2013 Fiesta mk7.5 today. Here are my experiences:

1. Auto door locking enable - After enabling this option in central config and then performing the auto door lock programming procedure (you can easily find this procedure described online), it works!

2. TPMS - This was originally set to "without TPMS" and I changed it to "DDS (deflation detection system)". Writing the config succeeded, but it triggered a DTC in the ABS module and I got a lot of warnings on the lcd and instrument cluster about TPMS and Active City Stop malfunction. I got scared, so I reverted my change to the central config. Perhaps resetting the ABS module would have done the trick, but I considered it too risky.

3. Digital radio (DAB) - My car has a Sony audio system with navigation but no DAB (even though the user manual describes DAB). I enabled DAB in the central config and rebooted the audio system (just turn off ignition for a couple of minutes and turn back on again). I then suddenly had the DAB option available in the radio menu on the lcd, but if I selected it I only got a waiting icon that disappears after some time. Also, a DTC popped up on the ACM module: U2101 something about invalid configuration data. So DAB doesn't work and it seems that there is some other piece of configuration stored somewhere (in the ACM perhaps) that conflicts with the modified central configuration. Any idea what this could be and if it can be modified?

joe.kaapa
Vehicle: For Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2009

Post by joe.kaapa » Fri May 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Is there any way to disable the quality check for adapter? After soldering three hs/ms switches for three different adapters (wifi and bluetooth) I'm starting to get really pissed not to be able to even try programming. As far as I understand, with the Fiesta mk7 that I'm trying to configure, there should not be a problem if the writing fails. One of the wifi adapters I have does not allow setting the data trigger timeout below 100ms (even when forcing it with get-request, it will save the value but forscan can't then connect) and two of my bluetooth adapters give ping of 10-60 in the log, piking very rarely above 100ms. Highly doubting this would ever be a problem. In addition, I'm guessing that the quality check does not take into account the amount of data transmitted in the message. Does it also take into account the steps when searching for modules, which usually is module and not adapter dependant?

A few bugs also noticed in the latest (and in some of the older versions) version:
-Toggling ftdi mixes up with com-port. Set the adapter to ftdi, notice that you can't select com settings, restart forscan and you have com-selection enabled, ftdi selected and forscan will try to connect via com-port.
-Pressing cancel asks the same questions again. E.g. when toggling the hs / ms switch.