How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
morris1580
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.6 TDI 2014

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by morris1580 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 am

Hi everyone, yesterday for the first time I managed to use Forescan on my Focus MK3 2014 after I had to changed the battery. Managed to enable the autolock and reset the BMS. Great software!

During the initial phases I got the message of the missing second bootloader and got asked if I wanted to download it.... I accepted it and everything worked. I'm now thinking if it could harm somehow the car and if would have been better to download the file from the Ford website. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Post by fordsmax471 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:53 am

morris1580 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 am
Hi everyone, yesterday for the first time I managed to use Forescan on my Focus MK3 2014 after I had to changed the battery. Managed to enable the autolock and reset the BMS. Great software!

During the initial phases I got the message of the missing second bootloader and got asked if I wanted to download it.... I accepted it and everything worked. I'm now thinking if it could harm somehow the car and if would have been better to download the file from the Ford website. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
everything is correct, do not worry ;)
if you want, you can compare the downloaded file
https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconne ... roduct=IDS
https://www.ucdsys.ru/calibration/index.php
FORScan v2.4.0/Els27 v4/Elitebook 840 G6/Win10 Pro ver.2004

morris1580
Vehicle: Ford Focus 1.6 TDI 2014

Post by morris1580 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:30 am

[/quote]

everything is correct, do not worry ;)
if you want, you can compare the downloaded file
https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconne ... roduct=IDS
https://www.ucdsys.ru/calibration/index.php
[/quote]

Awesome! Thank you so much for the confirmation!!

CoD21
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta MK8

Post by CoD21 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Forscan didnt ask me to download files for my Fiesta. Do you know where i can get them?

gelu-VIOREL
Vehicle: ford S MAX

Post by gelu-VIOREL » Thu May 21, 2020 6:33 pm

ciao o un problema con la mia s max dal 2008 o fato aggiornat servsterzo con UCDS e sia cancelato tuto .qualcuno mi po aiutare grazie

FerociousFusion
Vehicle: 2019 Fusion Hybrid 2.0, 188hp

Post by FerociousFusion » Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Ok, I have this question and I’ve seen at least 3 others with it. So could someone PLEASE answer it so we could get on with what we are doing?

I have issues with the SBL loading. I’m certain I need the file off the Ford tech website...BUT WHAT DO YOU TYPE IN THE BOX TO GET THE DAMN FILE?! I’ve tried everything I can think of to include my mama’s maiden name. WHAT DO YOU TYPE?! Someone please, for the love of GOD answer this question so I can get this done!!

_namenick_
Vehicle: Fiesta, Duratec 1.25 60cv, 2014

Post by _namenick_ » Sun May 31, 2020 7:12 pm

I try here, maybe my topic was ignored due to wrong place

Hi,
I'm having quite a big problem.
As shown in the screenshot I only have (Backup) version of central config.
I tried to change wheels size and circunference, writing, both on backup and on main with the option, everything seemed ok but once I got back in values where back to standard.

Moreover, I can't find PCM relearn option, is this normal? Or am I doing anything wrong?

Car is a Fiesta 1.25 from 2014, 60hp.
1.PNG
1.PNG (202.29 KiB) Viewed 469 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (211.03 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Please help, I'm quite stuck, thanks

Wiebenor
Vehicle: Focus 2.0l 2009

Post by Wiebenor » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:50 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so if it isn't, please move it where it needs to go, but I'm wondering, how to properly set up the FORscan app, and if there is anything I need to do to get it to work with my used 2009 US version Ford Focus, once I get the needed equipment to hook it up to a laptop, because I just bought the car and I don't want to take it to the dealership to get a key programmed into it, if I don't have to... Also, is there anything else I should change with it, that cannot be accessed anywhere else??? I saw a tutorial on how to do the key wipe and reprogram procedure, on an older Ford vehicle on YouTube, and I'm wondering if it's basically the same... Just go to "PATS" and wait 10 minutes, then hit the delete and program new keys option, then follow instructions and when prompted insert a key, turn to run position, and repeat for all keys, before hitting the pop-up button in the app??? I'm looking to do as much servicing as I can on my own vehicle, without having to spend a lot of money, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy the app after I get and use the trial version, and how best to use the app all around

sanglt
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Trend 2018

Post by sanglt » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:31 am

I have Mondeo and want to have Central Configuration but it not show, what is the step I'm missing?
Thanks,
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.18.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.18.45 PM.png (201.16 KiB) Viewed 171 times

trunax
Vehicle: Ford Focus 3 Ecoboost

Post by trunax » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Helo,
which construction year is your mondeo?
I had the same problem with my FF MK3 2015. You can't see central configuration, because you didn't load SLB (second load build file).
You have to download it and to copy to c:\users\<Name of your PC> \documents\calibration files folder.
(see first page of this topic).
Neither IPC configuration nor IPC configuration AsBuild worked .On IPC AsBuild i could see the window with HEX-field. Only IPC SBL could be loaded, but my battery was to empty and i cancelled the process. I will try agin later.