How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
FORScan
Site Admin
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by FORScan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:40 am

satria_wr wrote:
FORScan wrote:
satria_wr wrote:Mazda asbuilt can be obtained from here :
https://web.b2b.mazda.co.jp/AsBuilt/AsB ... hPage.aspx
The site returns "You cannot access this screen direct.". Any special conditions to access the page?
On that screen, click return. And it will show you the vin enter screen.
That may sound weird, but still unable to make it work. When run the link first time, it says:

"Session Timeout.
Please Log in again."

When we click on Return button, it says:

"To view this system, use Internet Explorer 6.0 version or above."

The behaviour is identical in both latest Firefox (v44) and Internet Explorer 11

FORScan
Site Admin
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by FORScan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:48 am

lollapalooza wrote: I confirm that it was changed ok. I tried to re-read the config, and the "automatic locking by speed" was enabled.
Anyway I found a solution in a Ford Fiesta forum: after modyfing the central configuration, I had to follow a procedure, that enabled auto-lock.
Enter the car and close the door. Ignition off.
- Turn on ignition (but not the engine), and press the "lock/unlock" button 3 times.
- Turn off ignition, and press the "lock/unlock" button 3 times.
- Turn on ignition. Press "lock/unlock" button once.
- Turn off ignition.
After that, auto locking works, and I can hear the door locking after maybe 5 Km/h.
Interesting.... didn't you try to re-read CC after this change? Curious if it shows "incorrect value or not configured" for Auto-locking by speed option...
lollapalooza wrote:
lollapalooza wrote:
FORScan wrote:We don't quite understand what does it mean "not editable". All fields in Engineering mode 2 must be editable. How does it look like?
It means that ForScan shows "not configured", and does not allow me to edit the field. I'll make a screenshot and post it here tomorrow.
Here's the screenshot :)
Image

When I try to edit, I'm not allowed to modify the value.
Sorry, still not very clear... The error "incorrect value or not configured" for this option just means that FORScan cannot decode the value stored in CC. However, if you double click on the row, you should get a dialog with available options (3 or 4 options), like this:
Ecosport_global_open_close.png
Ecosport_global_open_close.png (19.46 KiB) Viewed 15871 times
Do you have one?

User avatar
satria_wr
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Ecosport 1.5L Ti-VCT 110hp
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by satria_wr » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:27 am

FORScan wrote:
That may sound weird, but still unable to make it work. When run the link first time, it says:

"Session Timeout.
Please Log in again."

When we click on Return button, it says:

"To view this system, use Internet Explorer 6.0 version or above."

The behaviour is identical in both latest Firefox (v44) and Internet Explorer 11
I was able to open it last night,... Now it also cant,... I dont have account there too. Seems mazda have change the web :(
2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium
1.5 Ti-VCT Sigma (Remapped using PCMFlash)
PowerShift
2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Limited
2.4 4N15 DiD (Remapped using New Genius)
8-A/T

lollapalooza
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi 2011

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by lollapalooza » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 am

FORScan wrote:Sorry, still not very clear... The error "incorrect value or not configured" for this option just means that FORScan cannot decode the value stored in CC. However, if you double click on the row, you should get a dialog with available options (3 or 4 options), like this:
I think we had a misunderstanding :)
I'm sorry, but was probably my fault, because of my english if far from being perfect :)

I'll try to explain: we're talking about two separate things.

1) Door locking by speed.
I enabled this item via ForScan, and CC has been correctly written.
When reading again the CC, I saw that it was correctly enabled, but unfortunately the doors still didn't lock.
After trying the procedure (ignition on/off - push door lok button 3 times, etc), auto-lock worked.

2) Global open/close
This is the line I can't edit. Here I get "incorrect value or not configured", and that's the one that is not editable.
Check below screenshot.
Image

FORScan
Site Admin
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by FORScan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:39 am

lollapalooza wrote: I'll try to explain: we're talking about two separate things.
Yes, it is clear.
lollapalooza wrote: 1) Door locking by speed.
I enabled this item via ForScan, and CC has been correctly written.
When reading again the CC, I saw that it was correctly enabled, but unfortunately the doors still didn't lock.
After trying the procedure (ignition on/off - push door lok button 3 times, etc), auto-lock worked.
Yes, it is clear. As mentioned above, it would be great to read CC after you made this change (ignition on/off - push door lok button 3 times, etc). We are curious if this affected CC.
lollapalooza wrote: 2) Global open/close
This is the line I can't edit. Here I get "incorrect value or not configured", and that's the one that is not editable.
Check below screenshot.
Thanks for providing the screenshot, we have found out it is actually a bug in FORScan database (as far as we can see, only for Fiesta 2008-2012, but there may be some other broken options). We will fix it. If you are interesting in trying test version with this change, please let us know.

lollapalooza
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi 2011

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by lollapalooza » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:46 am

FORScan wrote:Yes, it is clear. As mentioned above, it would be great to read CC after you made this change (ignition on/off - push door lok button 3 times, etc). We are curious if this affected CC.
Ok, now I understand :-)
I've read CC after this "weird" procedure, and I didn't notice any difference in the "automatic locking by speed" row.
FORScan wrote:Thanks for providing the screenshot, we have found out it is actually a bug in FORScan database (as far as we can see, only for Fiesta 2008-2012, but there may be some other broken options). We will fix it. If you are interesting in trying test version with this change, please let us know.
Sure, no problem.
I think that there are also other options with a similar behaviour; in this case, if you need me to check also other options, please just ask :-)

User avatar
satria_wr
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Ecosport 1.5L Ti-VCT 110hp
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by satria_wr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 am

I have several mazda as built. If you want, i can email it to you.
2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium
1.5 Ti-VCT Sigma (Remapped using PCMFlash)
PowerShift
2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Limited
2.4 4N15 DiD (Remapped using New Genius)
8-A/T

FORScan
Site Admin
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by FORScan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:11 am

satria_wr wrote:I have several mazda as built. If you want, i can email it to you.
Thanks, but the problem we are trying to solve is that users need an ability to load their AB...

User avatar
satria_wr
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Ecosport 1.5L Ti-VCT 110hp
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by satria_wr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:57 pm

FORScan wrote:
satria_wr wrote:I have several mazda as built. If you want, i can email it to you.
Thanks, but the problem we are trying to solve is that users need an ability to load their AB...
Have you try installing Mazda IDS for research where did the software pull the AB from? Or is it possible to pull the AB from the vehicle itself like Ford does?
2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium
1.5 Ti-VCT Sigma (Remapped using PCMFlash)
PowerShift
2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Limited
2.4 4N15 DiD (Remapped using New Genius)
8-A/T

FrancYescO
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:14 pm
Vehicle: Fiesta Mk7

Re: How to program Central Configuration using FORScan

Post by FrancYescO » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:29 am

Just trying to enable Speed lock on my fiesta EU 2010 via ELM327 1.5 Bluetooth:

First i connected via Bluetooth and going in programing mode caused forscan to work in "read only mode" cause "my adapter got comunication problem"?!

so disconnected from bluetooth and tried via COM (Bluetooth COM port, so basically the same adapter), now got no issue to enable the write mode... readed the config, edited what i was searching for in engeneering mode and tried to write, first time failed at 48% during write (PANIC, fortunately nothing happened to the vehicle) than after a retry seems all gone OK
(OK) [10:56:08.783] Central configuration has been started
(WARN) [10:56:08.950] Read configuration from primary module...
(OK) [10:56:17.792] Read block #1
(OK) [10:56:18.403] Read block #2
(WARN) [10:56:18.607] Read configuration from secondary module...
(OK) [10:56:23.981] Read block #1
(OK) [10:56:24.948] Read block #2
(WARN) [10:57:41.022] Write configuration to primary module...
(OK) [10:58:05.455] No changes in block 1, skipped
(ERR) [10:58:19.995] Writing block 2 failed
(ERR) [10:58:20.230] Service procedure is interrupted, please contact developers
(OK) [10:59:38.548] Central configuration has been started
(WARN) [10:59:38.602] Read configuration from primary module...
(OK) [10:59:39.103] Read block #1
(OK) [10:59:39.717] Read block #2
(WARN) [10:59:39.922] Read configuration from secondary module...
(OK) [10:59:46.277] Read block #1
(OK) [10:59:47.182] Read block #2
(WARN) [11:02:06.779] Write configuration to primary module...
(OK) [11:02:24.536] No changes in block 1, skipped
(OK) [11:02:32.713] Write block #2
(WARN) [11:02:33.137] Write configuration to secondary module...
(OK) [11:02:52.525] No changes in block 1, skipped
(OK) [11:02:54.859] Write block #2
(OK) [11:02:55.169] Block(s) programmed successfully
(OK) [11:04:17.578] Service procedure completed successfully.

Post Reply