Need help to configurate battery

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
cocolococo
Vehicle: Kuga, 1.5t ecoboost 2016

Need help to configurate battery

Post by cocolococo »

I've upgraded my original 2016 kuga 60ah EFB with a new 80ah AGM battery after it died. Couldn't find any 80ah agm on the list provided.ImageImage
cocolococo

Re: Need help to configurate battery

Post by cocolococo »

The one i installed is Silver Dynamic AGM 580 901 080 80ah 800cca. I can only tell option 14 the 740cca t7 is closer to the one i installed 800 cca.
Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Post by Don Ridley »

Choose the AGM battery option. It is more important than the amp hour or CCA specs. But nobody really knows the difference in programming and charging for the various battery types. You may want to disable the battery monitoring system BMS, if it is enabled.
cocolococo

Post by cocolococo »

i assumed that if i disable the BMS will affect the start stop and the battery will overcharged? Choosing the lower cca i think is fine at least bigger than the original 590, but choosing lower ah probably leads to the battery will never get charged fully?
Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Post by Don Ridley »

cocolococo wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:06 pm
i assumed that if i disable the BMS will affect the start stop and the battery will overcharged? Choosing the lower cca i think is fine at least bigger than the original 590, but choosing lower ah probably leads to the battery will never get charged fully?
You may be correct on both points. I don't know. But AGM has different charging requirements than FLA. The AGM may not charge properly if you do not select the AGM option.

BMS limits the state of charge to 80% maximum for fuel efficiency. Maybe stop/start only requires a minimum SOC and doe not need BMS.