Aftermarket APIM, not working volume buttons

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Balage
Vehicle: Ford Tourneo Custom 2018 2.0 Tdci 170LE

Aftermarket APIM, not working volume buttons

Post by Balage »

Dear Everybody,
I bought an aftermarket APIM with navigation, that is ok but the main volume buttons on the dash no working, only can controll from steering wheel,
could somebody help?

error code:
U2101 - control module configutation incompatible
U0256 - Lost communication With Front Controls Interface Module A

Do somebody has idea?

thank you
fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Re: Aftermarket APIM, not working volume buttons

Post by fordsmax471 »

load apim configutation and sync master reset
FORScan 2.4.3/UCDS 4/Elitebook G6/Win10 pro
Balage

Post by Balage »

Hello you mean the restore all or choose the load factory AB on the new APIM?
fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Post by fordsmax471 »

yes, load factory AB
FORScan 2.4.3/UCDS 4/Elitebook G6/Win10 pro
Graham17
Vehicle: Fiesta, 1.0 ecoboost/125/2016 Focus Mk4/125/2019

Post by Graham17 »

Personally I would hold off doing that, bear in mind the APIM you have fitted will have different settings because its got satnav and your previous one didnt. ( I assume by aftermarket you mean a genuine Ford APIM?)
My advice would be to save the asbuilt in Forscan on the new unit, then using asbuilt explorer program compare the original asbuilt file from your old unit, with the new one, presumably their will be differences. Note all of these differences down on paper. Next there are 2 ways to progress, either find a spread sheet for your car and confirm what those differences actually do, if you cannot find a spreadsheet for your model, then i would suggest amending config line at a time checking each time and performing a master reset of the sync unit. It takes longer but less chance of having issues as once you write the line in Forscan you will know exactly which lune caused it. Make the changes until all works again.
smartguy69
Vehicle: Kuga Titanium,2 litre diesel, 150PS, 2015

Post by smartguy69 »

Graham17 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:07 pm
Personally I would hold off doing that, bear in mind the APIM you have fitted will have different settings because its got satnav and your previous one didnt. ( I assume by aftermarket you mean a genuine Ford APIM?)
My advice would be to save the asbuilt in Forscan on the new unit, then using asbuilt explorer program compare the original asbuilt file from your old unit, with the new one, presumably their will be differences. Note all of these differences down on paper. Next there are 2 ways to progress, either find a spread sheet for your car and confirm what those differences actually do, if you cannot find a spreadsheet for your model, then i would suggest amending config line at a time checking each time and performing a master reset of the sync unit. It takes longer but less chance of having issues as once you write the line in Forscan you will know exactly which lune caused it. Make the changes until all works again.
Good advice but he could load his original asbuilt and then change one digit on the APIM to bring navigation online.

Second digit on 7D0-01-02 x*xx xxxx xx - Change * to a 4 enables navigation.
Balage

Post by Balage »

Dear Sirs, I tried to load the factory load AB, but then comes back with the original screen without navigation still without buttons. If I change back to original APIM buttons working, but no navigation.

thanks
Graham17
Vehicle: Fiesta, 1.0 ecoboost/125/2016 Focus Mk4/125/2019

Post by Graham17 »

Did you do as i suggested and noted differences in asbuilt explorer, or as Smartguy69 said and after loading asbuilt change the digit to a 4 on line 7DO-01-02, to enable satnav?
Loading the original asbuilt will not do it on its own you have to modify it yourself. If you don't you will have either working buttons but no satnav, or working satnav but no buttons.
smartguy69
Vehicle: Kuga Titanium,2 litre diesel, 150PS, 2015

Post by smartguy69 »

You could try this program. I have used it before and can confirm it is safe and the link is recommended on here. If you are using windows defender it will warn you not to run. Ignore the warning and run anyway.

http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_A ... mpare.aspx

Now download you original asbuilt file from motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt AND save copy of the NEW sync navigation APIM settings. You can run both files and compare line by line. You will be able to change the new sync unit manually to just the blocks that are different.

Remember you will need the new sync unit to have a number four in the second digit so it reads 7D0-01-02 x4xx xxxx xx

Don't forget to press "Write" to save your settings.

All other blocks need to be the same as your old unit. You may find that you only need to change a a couple of blocks. Chances are the new APIM has been coded to a different ACM (CD Player or speaker set up).

If you get stuck with any of the above post your old and new APIM settings as a screenshot and we can check.
Balage

Post by Balage »

I tried everything, if the original file load, the APIM first startup no navigation, and still not working the buttons under the screen,the touch screen buttons working, if change the 7D0-01-02 x4xx xxxx xx, the navigation and climate icons get back and touchscreen buttons ok, but buttons indre the screen still not work.

thanks