2009 P71 Crown Victoria forscan options

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
michael.parker1
Vehicle: 2009 Crown Victoria P71

2009 P71 Crown Victoria forscan options

Post by michael.parker1 »

So just got a 2009 P71 and got forscan so that I could program my key fobs for it but since I'm also a mechanic I went ahead and got the lifetime subscription to forscan because I figure it'll come in handy in the future but for now I want to learn the whole thing and get used to it first but what other options can I mess with on my p71? whatever yall have done or think might be cool id love to do just to learn the program some more. right now I can get into the ABS, IC, DDM, LCM, and RCM but is there any other modules I should be able to get into? I got the OBD linkEX adapter so it doesn't have the switch and I've read from a few other peoples post that apparently they weren't able to get into all the modules without having the switch, is that true? and if not then what changes can I make just from those options, even if its not something id want to keep on the car I just want to make some changes, see what they do and learn forscan some more.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: 2009 P71 Crown Victoria forscan options

Post by Ecmbuster »

Let's cover the OBDLink EX first. Click the link and notice the right side of the web page (third point down).
Those are the attributes of that cable and it is high quality. Check once in a while for current updates.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/

As for the other FORScan users that mention about the DPDT switch, go back to the begining of this post. Yours is different.

99.99999 % are clueless about the installed networks with a Ford and still using a bottle opener with twist off caps.
The Double Pole Double Contact Switch shifts network connectivity from CAN High Speed to CAN Low Speed when FORScan requests the correct switch position to access the correct network.
http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com ... witch-DPDT

You mentioned "ABS, IC, DDM, LCM, and RCM" You forgot the PCM and maybe the ETAC (AC and Heating).
As for the rest of the modules, it all depends how the Crown Victoria was built.
The attachment offers a good idea of how the Ford is connected with possible control modules.
Not everything is diagnosed on CAN - read the attachment.
Crown Vic Data Lines.pdf
(121.03 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
In 2009, there is not much you can do with it.
Keep your screen images, save your work.
Post your results and read the material inside this forum.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
michael.parker1
Vehicle: 2009 Crown Victoria P71

Post by michael.parker1 »

so I actually didn't even realize I could get into the PCM when i first hooked my car up the pcm didn't show up as a module i could get into. Now im having an issue where it wont let me get into the DDM and possibly a few other modules, not sure what's going on. I went to program two new key fobs in it after I programmed one about two or three days ago but now when i plug up to the car it wont read from certain modules, i cant do self tests or anything it just doesn't recognize its there. could this be an issue with forescan or an issue with my obdlinkex? ive tried resetting the vehicle info on forescan like when it asks me if its this vehicle that ive plugged up to before and i said no so that hopefully it would reset or something but still doing the same thing.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

Use this tool in Windows and send the shortcut to the desk top and task bar
Use it to capture screen images.
Snipping Tool.JPG
Snipping Tool.JPG (63.81 KiB) Viewed 65 times
You can also save the latest log file.
No one can see what you're trying to explain.
The log file will help explain a communication error.
Is the battery voltage sufficient? Is there a power supply attached.?
Is PIN 16 at the DLC active with battery voltage?
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!