IPC Allows ONLY odometer overwrite - 2018 F250 2.3.41 beta

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
jdavinerroushf250
Vehicle: 2018 F250 Roush Edition 6.7l diesel with Banks Derringer

IPC Allows ONLY odometer overwrite - 2018 F250 2.3.41 beta

Post by jdavinerroushf250 »

First, thanks for the hard work on the spreadsheet. I cannot imagine the efforts that takes. I have successfully made changes to several other modules on my truck without issue after loading forscan and getting the recommended approved device. The main reason I got the forscan app was to allow powerpoint 120v to stay on with the engine not running. The spreadsheet says this is in the Information Panel Control module. However when I click on IPC, I am requested to change the Odometer reading only... I do not see any other choices, and in fact, what I see is a popup to change the odo. When I cancel, i am returned to forscan. Please help. I am using the 2.3.41 beta and do not see any non-beta programs on the download page. Any help is appreciated.
I have a Roush Edition 2018 F250 with a Banks Derringer and pedalmonster on my 6.7l diesel engine... if that helps. I removed the banks components prior to running forscan.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: IPC Allows ONLY odometer overwrite - 2018 F250 2.3.41 beta

Post by Ecmbuster »

The majority of any spreadsheets found, are the creation of enthusiests on other forums.
Some work, some do not and depending on the model with the factory installed equipment.

Your model has an Energy Management System.
The 12V to 120V inverter built into that model is disabled when the key is turned OFF because the inverter is a parasitic load on the electrical system. The parasite will also include the network that is kept alive.
In other words, that system will kill the battery quickly if left enabled.
There is no "adjustment" to keep the inverter active on the network.
Look at your battery cables, you should see a sensor around one or both battery cables.
The sensors measure the state of electrical load.

If there is a need to have a 12V to 120V inverter with the key in the OFF position, get an after-market version.
It needs to be attached within the fuse panel battery positive stud with a stand-alone fuse.
The negative side is connected to the body ground, not the battery negative ground connection.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
jdavinerroushf250

Makes sense. I will do that. Never had to worry about it in my older trucks, but I can get an inverter... assuming it will work direct off the battery. Since I cannot get to IPC for anything other than odometer overwrite. Thank you for the reply!
jdavinerroushf250

To clarify... would still like to edit other items in the IPC module... if possible. Like the Temperatures showing on the gauges and such. Any ideas there would still be helpful.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

jdavinerroushf250 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:02 pm
Makes sense. I will do that. Never had to worry about it in my older trucks, but I can get an inverter... assuming it will work direct off the battery. Since I cannot get to IPC for anything other than odometer overwrite. Thank you for the reply!
Not directly at the battery - It is monitored.
At the fuse panel - Battery positive stud with a fuse.
The inverter ground wire connected to a body ground stud.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!