BCM programming without ignition

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
bala_explorer
Vehicle: Ford Ka+ active 1.5 DV5D 2018

BCM programming without ignition

Post by bala_explorer »

Team,
I have ka+ active Indian version, while trying to enable cruise control by comparing UK model Ka+ active wrote all bcm values of UK model. Now I couldn't turn on ignition as the key is not detected error is throwing up and while updating BCM values getting the following error
1. the vehicle conditions are incorrect
2. service procedures interrupted
Anyone have any solution to update the BCM without running in Accessory mode or Engine on?
We are in a covid19 lockdown and service centres are close right now! we need the vehicle to run in an emergency.
My battery voltage dropped eventually and currently, in 8.5 v I can do a jump start from my neighbour vehicle
velasquez
Vehicle: S-max 2.0 tdci powershift

Re: BCM programming without ignition

Post by velasquez »

Messing about with versions of other country is not recommended, 8.5v is a very very low value, a jump start helps only if you leave both cars connected for a while giving the battery the chance to absorbe the charge. I would definitely use a battery charger. Important question: Have you saved the car profile before doing this? Have you already tried to perform a "as build"?
Keithmac
Vehicle: MK2 Kuga 2l dcti 163 Powershift 2013.

Post by Keithmac »

Anything below 11.3 volts and you've probably bricked the BCM.
bala_explorer
Vehicle: Ford Ka+ active 1.5 DV5D 2018

Post by bala_explorer »

velasquez wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:04 am
Messing about with versions of other country is not recommended, 8.5v is a very very low value, a jump start helps only if you leave both cars connected for a while giving the battery the chance to absorbe the charge. I would definitely use a battery charger. Important question: Have you saved the car profile before doing this? Have you already tried to perform a "as build"?
I do have as built data, charged my battery its healthy now. but still the same issue. Used fdrs still no luck
velasquez
Vehicle: S-max 2.0 tdci powershift

Post by velasquez »

As Keithmac said more then likely your bcm is bricked, are you familiar with forscan? If you were able to update you must have a 2.4xx version right? Reset the Bcm and load the as build. If this doesn't work send an email to forscan, they reply within hours and they will follow you step by step