Transit & Connect & Custom Speed Limiter Removal

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
AntMUK
Vehicle: Transit Connect 240 L2 1.5TDCi EcoBlue 120 Trend

Transit & Connect & Custom Speed Limiter Removal

Post by AntMUK »

I have a potential solution for those of you looking to remove the speed limit from Transit, Transit Custom and Transit Connect vehicles.

I have tested this method on multiple vehicles within the UK market and it has been successful on every one so far; This being said, it may or may not work for everyone, so feedback on this is encouraged.

The Limit on all the vehicles I have changed is set in the PCM. So, using FORScan's AS-BUILT programming:

The line we are looking for is 7E0-01-04. This is consistent across all Transits, Customs and Connects I have looked at.

The original value from your vehicle will vary depending on the currently set speed and other factors. The part we are looking to change is the first two digits of the last block of data, just before the checksum. So, for example:

0002 BC01 705C.
0002 BC01 620D.

To remove the limit, we need to change this data and recalculate the checksum (As-Built Compare is ideal for this).
So, for the above example, to remove the limit entirely, we need to change:

0002 BC01 705C to 0002 BC01 00AB.

Write this back to the module, and test it out. I have tried this on more than 30 different vehicles now and it has worked every time without changing any other settings.

I would welcome any feedback anyone has on whether it worked for you!
Last edited by AntMUK on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
MoJo88
Vehicle: Mondeo Vignale 210ps 2017

Re: Transit & Connect & Custom Speed Limiter Removal/Adjustment

Post by MoJo88 »

Finally, the day has come whereby a new user with one post has contributed something very useful and has written a detailed and informative how to on the subject. Instead of just joining to request something, getting the answer and not even sticking around to give thanks to those who helped.

Thank you AntMUK!

Should I need to use this I will make sure I post feedback.
AVC
Vehicle: Mondeo 2.0L QXBA 143 ps 2009

Post by AVC »

Thank you AntMuk for the post. When I am experienced enough to contribute professionally so not to cause members more harm than good then I will also share some knowledge.

Just one question about your post if I may...

Looking at the original speed data, which finishes in 705C, you appear to have changed that to 00AB.

How would a member know to change them and what to?

Thanks
MoJo88

Post by MoJo88 »

AVC wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:49 pm
Looking at the original speed data, which finishes in 705C, you appear to have changed that to 00AB.

Thanks
The last two characters of any line in any module is an automatically generated checksum. The value generated is based on the values set earlier on in the string.
AVC
Vehicle: Mondeo 2.0L QXBA 143 ps 2009

Post by AVC »

MoJo88 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 pm
AVC wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks
The last two characters of any line in any module is an automatically generated checksum. The value generated is based on the values set earlier on in the string.
Thank you, so just for my clarity on the matter, AB is automatically generated when 70 is entered as 00.

Thanks
MoJo88

Post by MoJo88 »

Yes, basically forget about the last two characters on every line and don't try to alter them.
mwbbell
Vehicle: Ford Transit 2.2 155 T350 RWD 2012

Re: Transit & Connect & Custom Speed Limiter Removal

Post by mwbbell »

AntMUK wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:49 pm
I have a potential solution for those of you looking to remove the speed limit from Transit, Transit Custom and Transit Connect vehicles.

I have tested this method on multiple vehicles within the UK market and it has been successful on every one so far; This being said, it may or may not work for everyone, so feedback on this is encouraged.

The Limit on all the vehicles I have changed is set in the PCM. So, using FORScan's AS-BUILT programming:

The line we are looking for is 7E0-01-04. This is consistent across all Transits, Customs and Connects I have looked at.

The original value from your vehicle will vary depending on the currently set speed and other factors. The part we are looking to change is the first two digits of the last block of data, just before the checksum. So, for example:

0002 BC01 705C.
0002 BC01 620D.

To remove the limit, we need to change this data and recalculate the checksum (As-Built Compare is ideal for this).
So, for the above example, to remove the limit entirely, we need to change:

0002 BC01 705C to 0002 BC01 00AB.

Write this back to the module, and test it out. I have tried this on more than 30 different vehicles now and it has worked every time without changing any other settings.

I would welcome any feedback anyone has on whether it worked for you!
Unfortunately I don't seem to have that line in my PCM. Was hoping this would get rid of the 62mph limit on my van but I'll need to do more digging. Great info to those it works for, good post!
triscottalexander
Vehicle: Transit Connect, XVGA 1.5 Tdci, 101ps, 2019.

Post by triscottalexander »

Awesome stuff. One thing I’ve tried is writing ‘00’ but it won’t accept that, every other interval between 01 and 99 will be accepted and subsequently set that as the speed limit. Any ideas on why 00 won’t remove speed limiter altogether?

Regards,
Alex
C2performance
Vehicle: Ford Puma 1.7

Post by C2performance »

First, thanks for the information.

I have same problem - i can't change this line as described. Seems to me, that "00" is not allowed anymore on 2020 models.
All other changes (i tried also data from another 2020 Transit, which is not limited) is accepted, but does'nt deliver any differences. Still limited at 125km/h (where it runs with 2400 rotations, so enough to use still).

Does anyone have different idea, where to change this limiter?
The ECU seems to be SID212, which is not programmable until now...
AntMUK
Vehicle: Transit Connect 240 L2 1.5TDCi EcoBlue 120 Trend

Post by AntMUK »

triscottalexander wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 pm
Awesome stuff. One thing I’ve tried is writing ‘00’ but it won’t accept that, every other interval between 01 and 99 will be accepted and subsequently set that as the speed limit. Any ideas on why 00 won’t remove speed limiter altogether?

Regards,
Alex
Hmm. Strange!

Will it accept "FF" as the value, instead of "00"?