Ranger XLT MY17 PX2 - Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) greyed out

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
elpamyelhsa
Vehicle: Ford Ranger XLT MY17 PX2 w/Tech Pack

Ranger XLT MY17 PX2 - Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) greyed out

Post by elpamyelhsa »

Can someone help me with AS BUILD codes,

I have activated "Traffic Sign Recognition" (TSR) in the IPC but the "Always show" tick box is greyed out.

UPDATE: See this post IPMA Firmware Feature Upgrade to enable TSR on a AHBC/LA only mirror.

FORScan is missing the "APIM Module Configuration" but has "APIM Module Configuration (AS BUILT)" but the AS BUILT codes only run up to 7D0-07-04
EDIT: Updating the APIM fimrware will add the missing lines, but still not fix the greyed TSR options.

Ford Ranger XLT MY17 PX2 with Tech Pack (Australia)
Last edited by elpamyelhsa on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghano38
Vehicle: Ford c max

Re: Ranger XLT MY17 PX2 - Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) greyed out

Post by Ghano38 »

I thin your confusing APIM(accessory protocol interface module with IPMA(image processing module accessory) or forward looking camera witch is located behind the rear view mirror the windscreen and if you don’t have it it won’t work.
elpamyelhsa

Post by elpamyelhsa »

Ghano38 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:26 am
I thin your confusing APIM(accessory protocol interface module with IPMA(image processing module accessory) or forward looking camera witch is located behind the rear view mirror the windscreen and if you don’t have it it won’t work.
Yes, I do have the Front Facing Camera IPMA module, and it is working for Lane Keeping Assistance. The Ranger will correct the steering between the road lines. I beleive that for TSR to work an AS BUILT code needs to be updated somewhere other than the IPC.

EDIT:
You are correct.The APIM config lines missing were for showing TSR in the Center Stack and not enabling TSR itself. That is done in the IPMA module.
Last edited by elpamyelhsa on Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicko05
Vehicle: Ford Ranger Mk2, 3.2 diesel, 2015

Post by Nicko05 »

Any luck with this, I've searched high and low for the answer but keep coming up short, I'm having the same issue being unable to activate it on the dash. I'm trying to get it working on a 2015 mk2 ranger xlt with tech pack so has the front camera. Cheers
elpamyelhsa

Post by elpamyelhsa »

It looks like the APIM firmware needs upgrading for the extra AS BUILT lines.

EDIT: Updaing the APIM firmware will add the extra AS BUILT lines for Sync 3.4 to have Calm screen and Center Stack

I have the new FORScan 2.4 Beta and this is the cable you will need to do the update https://www.amazon.com.au/OBDLink-EX/dp/B081VQVD3F/ and no you cannot use the ELM327 for firmware updates.

My cable will be here in a week and I'll report back then...
Last edited by elpamyelhsa on Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
elpamyelhsa

Post by elpamyelhsa »

OBDLink EX cable arrived and spent some time getting the APIM updated. I now have the very cool "Centre Stack" with all the vehicle controls, and Calm Screen settings on the Sync 3 Screen but still working on the TSR greyed out. I also updated the IPMA and IPC is already up to date.

The FORScan recommended firmware update profile for the APIM (HP5T-14G371-DAG to HP5T-14G371-DGE) bricked it but I found another combination that got it up and running again.

If the below firmware bricks your unit, just try flash another 3.4=1U5T-14G374-E? 3.0=HB5T-14G374-D? until you find one that works.

If you are running Sync 3 v3.4 (And you really should update, its super easy too) update the APIM firmware with the 3.4 firmware below
3.4 APIM Navigation Unit Firmware
GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-EE
1U5T-14G375-DA
GB5T-14G379-AA
5U5T-14G379-BA (This could not be selected, but didn't cause issues, will follow up with FORScan)

Edit: This will still not resolve the greyed TSR options.
elpamyelhsa

Post by elpamyelhsa »

Working with the amazing FORScan team at the moment to get to the bottom of the "no Easy Mode for the IPMA" issue.

We are testing new verisons of FORScan that support the Ranger 2017 P375 IPMA FU5A-17E678 modules in Easy Mode, at the moment we still cannot activate the TSR, but all other features are listed so we are getting somewhere.

I will report back once they figure out what the issue is.
elpamyelhsa

Post by elpamyelhsa »

Have now got this working, see the post IPMA Firmware Feature Upgrade for how to update and enable TSR.
Pejcinoski
Vehicle: ford ranger 2015 3.2

Post by Pejcinoski »

Hi

Can you please explain how to update the Apim module and other modules required to be updated for the tsr, or maybe step by step how its done if possible?

Thank you