FORScan v2.4.1 release notes

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
STILLSTUCK
Vehicle: 2011 FORD 3.5 ECOBOOST 500HP

Re: FORScan v2.4.1 release notes

Post by STILLSTUCK » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:49 pm

the files downloaded pcm updated without a problem but the tcm didnt maybe a reflash needed? can i flash it with forscan. cant load pics for some reason

STILLSTUCK

Post by STILLSTUCK » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:56 pm

rich935 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:33 pm
STILLSTUCK wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:27 pm
2015 Ford Focus tryed to update TCM will not update? Keeps having Interrupted message. Already updated the pcm. Smh. Any advice is appreciated. What am I missing? Is TCM available for flash using for forscan?
Do you have all the files needed already downloaded? If not that is probably why. Screenshot of the page with the files on the would be helpful.

I have done it successfully on a 2013 Ford Focus SE with an old netbook and an ELS27 adapter with no problems. Just took a little longer than expected.

I made sure that the car was hooked up to a battery charger and the laptop plugged in and charging also changed the computer setting to make sure it doesn't go into sleep mode or hibernate. It worked fine the first time.
downloaded the files. pcm update went well now i believe firmware is different for the tcm. I made sure that the car was hooked up to a battery charger and the laptop plugged in and charging also changed the computer setting to make sure it doesn't go into sleep mode or hibernate. im trying to load pics but new tp this site

rich935
Vehicle: Ford Focus SE 2.0

Post by rich935 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 am

STILLSTUCK wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:56 pm
rich935 wrote:
STILLSTUCK wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:27 pm
2015 Ford Focus tryed to update TCM will not update? Keeps having Interrupted message. Already updated the pcm. Smh. Any advice is appreciated. What am I missing? Is TCM available for flash using for forscan?
Do you have all the files needed already downloaded? If not that is probably why. Screenshot of the page with the files on the would be helpful.

I have done it successfully on a 2013 Ford Focus SE with an old netbook and an ELS27 adapter with no problems. Just took a little longer than expected.

I made sure that the car was hooked up to a battery charger and the laptop plugged in and charging also changed the computer setting to make sure it doesn't go into sleep mode or hibernate. It worked fine the first time.
downloaded the files. pcm update went well now i believe firmware is different for the tcm. I made sure that the car was hooked up to a battery charger and the laptop plugged in and charging also changed the computer setting to make sure it doesn't go into sleep mode or hibernate. im trying to load pics but new tp this site
Ok.
IMG_20200912_202923273_copy_1536x864.jpg
IMG_20200912_202923273_copy_1536x864.jpg (342.2 KiB) Viewed 580 times
It should look something like that but it might be different file names. So as long as the files have a green dot next to them then it should work fine. Do you have the paid Extended License version or free? If you have a file with the red dot next to it you can ask the ForScan people for the file and it might be easier to ask them with a screenshot. Also you might want to try checking the "Force program unchanged firmware" and "Stop activity on buses" check boxes on the bottom. When I did it I only had the "Force program unchanged firmware" box checked. I am about to attach a picture by resizing the picture file with an outside photo resizer software to a smaller size. I got the software off of the Google play store it's called Photo and Picture Resizer it works well it's pretty easy to use. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it works ok. Thanks.

STILLSTUCK

Post by STILLSTUCK » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:20 am

rich935 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:14 am
STILLSTUCK wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:56 pm
rich935 wrote:

Ok. IMG_20200912_202923273_copy_1536x864.jpg

It should look something like that but it might be different file names. So as long as the files have a green dot next to them then it should work fine. Do you have the paid Extended License version or free? If you have a file with the red dot next to it you can ask the ForScan people for the file and it might be easier to ask them with a screenshot. Also you might want to try checking the "Force program unchanged firmware" and "Stop activity on buses" check boxes on the bottom. When I did it I only had the "Force program unchanged firmware" box checked. I am about to attach a picture by resizing the picture file with an outside photo resizer software to a smaller size. I got the software off of the Google play store it's called Photo and Picture Resizer it works well it's pretty easy to use. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it works ok. Thanks.
so here is the pics. can not complet the tcm? i have tryed to stop acctivity on buses and force program. 20% in and service inturuption. idk? im on a 2 moth trial on forscan may need to upgade? i see you have v2.4.2 and i have v2.4.1
Attachments
image0 (1).jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg (99.27 KiB) Viewed 552 times
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg (75.67 KiB) Viewed 552 times

rich935

Post by rich935 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:37 am

That should work. I'm not sure if it's the 2.4.1 and the one I used was 2.4.2 I used the trial version also.
What adapter do you have?
Do you have anything running like the a/c or vent or radio. I turned off all of that.
You might be able to ask Forscan for an updated version 2.4.2 or they might have a newer one. I'm not sure if I can send you a copy.

STILLSTUCK

Post by STILLSTUCK » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 am

elm config adaptor. nothing on other than the key. everything off.... it gets two 20% then service interrupted then the car bells ring seatbelt reminder comes on. could there be something I'm missing?

STILLSTUCK

Post by STILLSTUCK » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

side note the car will not turn over i think tcm related there is no box on the gesr selector seems as if thinks it is not in park> any ideas on where i should go next? also thinking about taking to ford for a complete system reprograming

rich935

Post by rich935 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:20 am

STILLSTUCK wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 am
elm config adaptor. nothing on other than the key. everything off.... it gets two 20% then service interrupted then the car bells ring seatbelt reminder comes on. could there be something I'm missing?
Not sure if it's the adapter or something else. You might want to try running the module updates in Windows safe mode. Also if your adapter has FTDI mode maybe try that in the settings page of Forscan. That's what I did. You might want to try an updated version 2.4.2 or a newer adapter. The one Forscan recommends is good. OBDLink EX
I'm not sure what else it could be. Can you send a message if this works or if you figure out what to do.
Last edited by rich935 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

rich935

Post by rich935 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:25 am

STILLSTUCK wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am
side note the car will not turn over i think tcm related there is no box on the gesr selector seems as if thinks it is not in park> any ideas on where i should go next? also thinking about taking to ford for a complete system reprograming
Haven't had that happen. But you might try this https://youtu.be/IL-KQ3tDl7E
As far as the gear selector. Have you tried the TCM Adaptive Learning procedure. If you have FTDI mode available in the Forscan settings page I think it should be in that mode. There is a gear selector learning procedure and verify. That might help. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1672
There are the instructions from Forscan.
Also have you tried to do a module reset for the Battery monitor system and body control module and probably the PCM and TCM module reset. You could probably reset all the modules. And take off the negative battery cable for a minute or two and reconnect it. I'm not sure what else you could do. Can you send a message if this works.

Trezona
Vehicle: Ford Ranger XLT 3.2 4x4 2018

Post by Trezona » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:13 am

Can someone tell me where i can find a copy of the comprehensive programming guide?

Clive.