FORScan v2.4.1 release notes

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
dfrazier1965
Vehicle: F150,5.0,2018

Re: FORScan v2.4.1 release notes

Post by dfrazier1965 »

I am ready to try out Forscan 2.4.*. I have recently purchased a OBDLink® EX to make sure I have the most stable connection with my truck. I am aware that if I brick anything on my vehicle, it is not the fault of the Forscan team, it is my fault . I have used it on my '18 F150 in the past and now have a '21 F150 and a '21 Expedition Max. I have quite a list of changes I'd like to make on both vehicles. I am also willing to give feedback on any problems I may encounter to help the Forscan team fix any issues that may arise. Please direct me to the best way to let the team know that I'd like to try the newest version. Thanks
polofox
Vehicle: Fusion 2013

Post by polofox »

There is an error in my PDM upgrade. Now, once forscan is turned on, the software will exit automatically when the software self checks. How can I not shut down the software automatically?
Slaawek77
Vehicle: Ford Focus ST 2,0 MY2018

Post by Slaawek77 »

Witam. Oprogramowanie mam aktualne? Nie aktualizować?
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

Slaawek77 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:52 am
Witam. Oprogramowanie mam aktualne? Nie aktualizować?
This is an English only forum so in English please!! Use Google translate and copy and Paste into your forum post! Did this below my English post

Don't bother programming this as the files are all at the same Calibration level without any thing to update. No good reason to "Force Program Unchanged firmware" unless there is a major problem with your IPC and just erasing and rewriting the same file back in will usually cause more problems than it solves!!!

To jest forum tylko w języku angielskim, więc proszę o język angielski !! Użyj Tłumacza Google, kopiuj i wklejaj do swojego posta na forum! Nie przejmuj się programowaniem, ponieważ wszystkie pliki są na tym samym poziomie kalibracji, bez konieczności aktualizacji. Nie ma dobrego powodu, aby „Wymuszać niezmienione oprogramowanie sprzętowe programu”, chyba że występuje poważny problem z twoim IPC, a samo skasowanie i przepisanie tego samego pliku z powrotem spowoduje zwykle więcej problemów niż rozwiązuje !!!
Slaawek77

Post by Slaawek77 »

Sorry.
I found a newer file, but during the update the connection is broken: ELM not found. please check your connections and try again. IPC does not work.

EDIT: the update was successful. I don't know why Forscan was losing connection with Obdlink EX. he got disconnected several times.
New files:
F1ET-14C026-BBJ
F1ET-14C026-BCD
F1ET-14C026-BSE (ST)
F1ET-14C318-BD.
tractmec

Post by tractmec »

Slaawek77 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:46 am
Sorry.
I found a newer file, but during the update the connection is broken: ELM not found. please check your connections and try again. IPC does not work.

EDIT: the update was successful. I don't know why Forscan was losing connection with Obdlink EX. he got disconnected several times.
New files:
F1ET-14C026-BBJ
F1ET-14C026-BCD
F1ET-14C026-BSE (ST)
F1ET-14C318-BD.
Great to hear: I would at this point Zip up your dump.bin files and the log files as per the contact page here:https://forscan.org/contactus.html(scroll down and read the Heading: Debug info for windows: make sure your "Debug mode" button was checked or the files will contain no debug information) and send them in to Forscan as something is severely interfering with the Packet flow between the computer and the EX adapter or between the car and the Adapter.
This needs to be addressed before you do any thing more with Forscan 2.4.3. The health of your car is in jeopardy here!!!! Write a description of the errors you were getting and also, since your screen shots show an older test version of 2.4.3, request a newer test version. There have been several updates since the one your screen shots show!

Wspaniale to słyszeć: w tym momencie spakuj pliki dump.bin i pliki dziennika zgodnie ze stroną kontaktową tutaj: https: //forscan.org/contactus.html (przewiń w dół i przeczytaj Nagłówek: Informacje o debugowaniu dla systemu Windows : upewnij się, że przycisk „Tryb debugowania” został zaznaczony lub pliki nie będą zawierały informacji debugowania) i wyślij je do Forscan, ponieważ coś poważnie zakłóca przepływ pakietów między komputerem a adapterem EX lub między samochodem a adapterem.
Należy się tym zająć, zanim zrobisz cokolwiek więcej z Forscan 2.4.3. Tutaj zdrowie Twojego samochodu jest zagrożone !!!! Napisz opis otrzymywanych błędów, a ponieważ zrzuty ekranu pokazują starszą wersję testową 2.4.3, poproś o nowszą wersję testową. Od czasu pokazania zrzutów ekranu pojawiło się kilka aktualizacji!

Hope this helps?

Mam nadzieję że to pomoże?
Slaawek77

Post by Slaawek77 »

Tomorrow I will try to do it.
IPC update was done on Forscan v2.4.3 test20210421.
If there is a newer version please share it with me.
tractmec

Post by tractmec »

Slaawek77 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 pm
Tomorrow I will try to do it.
IPC update was done on Forscan v2.4.3 test20210421.
If there is a newer version please share it with me.
The one I have is older as of March 3 2021! I was going by what I saw in your screen shots as that is showing 2.4.3 version from September 2020 and there has been several newer test versions since then.
If you have received an April 2021 version from any where other than requesting it from Forscan by the contact@forscan.org method I would treat it as suspect!
Jaafar88
Vehicle: Ford Fusion, Hybrid Titanum, 2019

Post by Jaafar88 »

AHNA1711 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 pm
rich935 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Has anyone had a failed module firmware update? What happened? Were you able to fix it?
It happened to me with APIM due to flashing wrong calibration files and I ended up with a black screen. Fixed by flashing the original calibration files because I downloaded a copy of them before trying to update.
Great Job.
How and where could you download the calibration files?
tractmec

Post by tractmec »

Jaafar88 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:56 am
AHNA1711 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:31 pm
rich935 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Has anyone had a failed module firmware update? What happened? Were you able to fix it?
It happened to me with APIM due to flashing wrong calibration files and I ended up with a black screen. Fixed by flashing the original calibration files because I downloaded a copy of them before trying to update.
Great Job.
How and where could you download the calibration files?
If they are available at this site https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconne ... roduct=IDS:
The Download button on the 2.4.x Firmware programming page should go out and download them if the computer has a stable internet connection. If they are not available at the Ford DSFM site, Forscan may have them in their database but you must be a "Paid license" holder to access them. The program will alert you if this happens!
If the Download shows a fail message, given a good internet connection, then they may not available any where and at this point you may as well shut down and disconnect as calibration files are likely no longer available for the vehicle(I have two in this condition).

I will give you a couple of cautions as this is a very risky operation! Do not do this with any kind of wireless adapter! Make sure you have a good working vehicle profile saved before you start!

If you get a successful download of the calibration files (the little button lights next to the File fields all go green) only program the fields that show a different or an upgrade number in the Right Hand column! Do this by unchecking the "Force Program Same Files" Button so that you leave the same numbered calibrations alone. This will greatly reduce the programming time and reduce the chances of error during erase and rewrite.
Also if there is no problem being experienced with a module(DTC's etc.) there is little reason to do a calibration update unless there is a Technical Service Bulletin indicating it should be done.

There is no good reason to risk an error during erase and rewrite of the same calibration file unless there is a problem such as a DTC in a module indicating a configuration error. In this case a full erase and a rewrite may refresh the configuration and clear the DTC but this may also require clicking the "Load Factory AB button over in the module's AsBuilt configuration Tab!

These are the only real reasons to do a calibration or firmware update!

It should never be something that you do just because you can!!!!!

Rant Done!!