Daytime Running Lights 2007 Galaxy S-max (WA6)

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
tallrob
Vehicle: Ford S-Max Titanium (WA6) 2.0 TDCI 2007

Daytime Running Lights 2007 Galaxy S-max (WA6)

Post by tallrob » Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the Daytime Running Light configuration to do what it's supposed to do. Where I live it's required to have running lights on at all times. In Central Configuration I found the entry "Daytime Running Lamps" with the following options:

00 - Not configured
01 - Always dipped light except in pos 'P'
02 - Standard dipped light
03 - Always dipped lights except in position P. Adjustable to STDLIGHT (DTRL)
04 - Dipped light in all positions without cluster indication
05 - Dedicated Day Running Light in Pos '0' and 'POS'

But they don't really do what they say they do. It was set at 02 in original configuration. I have Auto Lights on my switch, which is great for going through tunnels and such, as it normally turns the lights on and illuminates the instrument cluster, as well as dimming my Sony CarPlay head unit. But Auto Lights doesn't play nice with the DRL options. Going through the options, none of them actually fits a real world scenario where the dipped beams are on at all times, but the instrument cluster illuminates when entering a tunnel. Also, the parking lights and rear lamps also come on with the dipped beam, except in option 03 and 04, where the dipped beam is on in position '0' but stays off in 'Auto'.

What I want is full time dipped beam in all positions except 'P', no rear lamps, and Auto Lights to function normally, switching the taillights on, dimming the stereo and illuminating the dash.

01 works best so far, with front and rear lights on in position '0' with no dash illumination and stereo normal brightness, but in 'Auto' the stereo dims even in full daylight.

I haven't tried 05 because I don't have dedicated DRL But now I'm wondering if I misunderstood the phrasing, which actually makes little sense. Maybe that's the one I want. But honestly I'm wondering if anyone has figured this out before.
Attachments
IMG_0674.jpg
IMG_0674.jpg (301.27 KiB) Viewed 319 times

tallrob
Vehicle: Ford S-Max Titanium (WA6) 2.0 TDCI 2007

Re: Daytime Running Lights 2007 Galaxy S-max (WA6)

Post by tallrob » Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 pm

The S-Max gets very little love on this forum. I guess there aren't many dads out there modding their family MPV. :cry: