Trip Computer and Odometer Stuck on Incorrect Units

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Mr. Chinn
Vehicle: UK 2013 Fiesta ST-2

Trip Computer and Odometer Stuck on Incorrect Units

Post by Mr. Chinn » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:52 pm

First off, thank you to all on this forum and FORScan developers as so far the posts on here have been very helpful and have allowed me to sort a few really useful things but unfortunately through much searching, I have been unable to figure out one of my main problems.

I recently purchased a UK spec 2013 Fiesta ST-2 Nav Pack which came from an independent dealer with the odometer and trip computer set in KM rather than Miles as we have in the UK.

I have attempted to change the units settings through the main colour display but that doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Next I took to FORScan and attempted to change the settings through there, setting the trip computer units to miles, and ensuring that the speedometer calibration is set to UK and odometer is set to miles. When I saved these settings, while the instrument cluster is flashing and jittering away, i observed the odometer switch from KM to Miles for a fraction of a second before switching back again.

This gave me confidence that it may be possible but there may be another setting elsewhere that might be blocking this setting from being changed but I am now out of ideas and hoped that maybe someone here might be able to help.

Thank you all in advance!