REMOTE START

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
misiak
Vehicle: Ford S-MAX 2016

Re: REMOTE START

Post by misiak »

dlvs77 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 pm
I successfully activate remote start on my 2016 SMax 2.0 TDCi PowerShift, some feedback:

0. My key is an aftermarket versions of DS7T-15K601-EF from CNAutoKeys. It was delivered within a week, outside look and feel is fine, inside is why it's an aftermarket. Given it costs 1/3 om OEM key, I'm happy with it

1. I followed the guide written by fordsmax471, thx for that! Worked quite well

2. In my case the new key did not work immediately, I had to change RTM module AsBuilt value 751-01-01 to x2xx xxxx, the 2 original keys don't work anymore as remote :? .
Many thanks for the report! I have the very same smax and also debating to buy remote keys. So from functional point of view, is afterarket work in the same way or is there any problem with that? like distance issue or whatever?

Also I’ve read if you configure new key and change the module, original keys stop wirking which is a shame. At the other hand, what about to buy a 2nd aftermarket key? Then both aftermarkets should work, right?

Where did you buy them from and where are you from? Could you post a link? I also wonder if I buy a OEM remote key if I need to change RTM module as well so the origs stop working? Then buying two oems would be pretty expensive :/

Thanks for the insight.
fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Post by fordsmax471 »

dlvs77 wrote:
I successfully activate remote start on my 2016 SMax 2.0 TDCi PowerShift, some feedback:

0. My key is an aftermarket versions of DS7T-15K601-EF from CNAutoKeys. It was delivered within a week, outside look and feel is fine, inside is why it's an aftermarket. Given it costs 1/3 om OEM key, I'm happy with it

2. In my case the new key did not work immediately, I had to change RTM module AsBuilt value 751-01-01 to x2xx xxxx, the 2 original keys don't work anymore as remote :? .
yes, you are all right ;)
the original keys now work in the spare socket
if the key has a battery emty , you can always start the car by placing it in the spare slot :)
FORScan 2.4.3/UCDS 4/Elitebook G6/Win10 pro
misiak

Post by misiak »

fordsmax471 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:07 pm
yes, you are all right ;)
the original keys now work in the spare socket
if the key has a battery emty , you can always start the car by placing it in the spare slot :)
Do you know what’s difference between oem and aftermarket from functional point of view? Is there any disadvantage to orig keys? If I buy two aftermarkets will both work? If so then I don’t see a problem and can put origs into a tray and use only remote aftermarkets as main keys. Thanks.
fordsmax471

Post by fordsmax471 »

the difference is in signal mhz and cost
if the aftermarket keys are working good, the key does not have to be in the spare slot
i managed to get an aftermarket key that was exactly the same mhz as the originals and all three keys work well
the aftermarket key works a very long distance, because the mondeo mk5 and s-max mk2 are the antenna- RTM module on the roof
misiak

Post by misiak »

fordsmax471 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:36 pm
the difference is in signal mhz and cost
if the aftermarket keys are working good, the key does not have to be in the spare slot
i managed to get an aftermarket key that was exactly the same mhz as the originals and all three keys work well
the aftermarket key works a very long distance, because the mondeo mk5 and s-max mk2 are the antenna- RTM module on the roof
Thanks, then I should be fine with two aftermarket keys, right? I really don’t want to put it a spare slot, I just want they works like the orig keys + remote start of course.
fordsmax471

Post by fordsmax471 »

yes, that's the point of this thing
dlvs77
Vehicle: Ford S-Max, 2.0 TDCi 180PS Powershift, 2016

Post by dlvs77 »

misiak wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm
dlvs77 wrote:

Many thanks for the report! I have the very same smax and also debating to buy remote keys. So from functional point of view, is afterarket work in the same way or is there any problem with that? like distance issue or whatever?

Also I’ve read if you configure new key and change the module, original keys stop wirking which is a shame. At the other hand, what about to buy a 2nd aftermarket key? Then both aftermarkets should work, right?

Where did you buy them from and where are you from? Could you post a link? I also wonder if I buy a OEM remote key if I need to change RTM module as well so the origs stop working? Then buying two oems would be pretty expensive :/

Thanks for the insight.
Aftermarket key works like to OEm keys; I did not check range but it works well from the inside, which was the purpose! The keys link is: https://www.cnautokeys.com/products/-94
misiak

Post by misiak »

Thanks. I have a question, is it possible somehow to set in the car that after remote start it will also automatically start windshield and rear window defrost? But only during remote start, not normal start?
Ghano38
Vehicle: Ford c max

Post by Ghano38 »

Hello everyone,i would like to know if it is possible to activate remote start on 2012 1.6 tdci c-mac with manual gearbox and keyless start button ?
Thanks.
poLuz
Vehicle: FORD S-MAX MK2 EcoBlue 2.0 2018

Post by poLuz »

sanglt wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 am
From what I research:
Most cars built after 06/2017 have the Customer Spare Key Programming bit disabled and you will need to pay a visit to your dealer to add it to the car.
do You know how to check it or how to enable it (in forscan) ?
i have mk2 from 2018/2019 and i can't program 3rd key