This worked with my 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium. I followed all steps but step 4 I wrapped the key fob in aluminum foil and then turned off the car. Once I turned the car back on in accessory mode I simply went to the Mykey setting and cleared my MyKey. I used this OBD Scanner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X ... UTF8&psc=1 and used Forscan Lite on Android. Thank you for this. Dealer wanted $150FORScan wrote: ↑Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:43 amIt is typical situation when people have MyKey enabled and have no Admin key that would allow to clear MyKey feature. Previously, our support answered that there are 2 ways to do it with FORScan:
1. Reprogram PATS - erase all known keys and program 2 new ones. This removes MyKey completely, but it is quite "heavy" way: it requires 2 working different good quality keys and PATS programming functions (in FORScan it is available not for all models).
2. Disable MyKey options in IPC and other modules if available. This removes chimes and warnings, but not MyKey itself. Some limits, like speed limit, may remain active after this procedure.
But one of our users found a workaround about how to clear MyKeys with FORScan but without any programming. It can be done in FORScan for Windows or FORScan Lite for iOS, Android. Here is the exact sequence:
1. Start the car and connect to it with FORScan.
2 Start PCM KOER test (Tests->PCM Key On Engine Running On Demand Self Test)
3. Wait until the test is completed
4. Remove keyfob from the car in case of keyless system (with engine start button). In case of standard blade key, you have to block the transponder (for example, wrap the keyfob with a foil).
5. Stop the engine (turn the ignition off)
6. Turn the igfnition On but don't run the engine.
7. Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option .
You now have MyKey removed.
Note: this was tested on cars with gasoline engine, not tested on diesel engines.
Please leave your feedback on this method.
Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:06 pm
- Vehicle: ford galaxy, duratorq turbo diesel common rail inj
I dont suppose someone knows how to deactivate MYKEY for a 57 plate (2017) Ford Galaxy 2.0 Deisel (150BHP) I have tried many times now and this is driving me insain, all I want to do is remove the speed restriction that the wife added while messing about with settings.
Sheffieldguy, I’m in exactly the same situation and so far the only thing I keep seeing that will definitely work is to go back to the Ford dealer and get a new key programmed for ££££. I keep looking in the hope of something though.